GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

neuspeed wheels vs winter/pot holes

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
I just picked up a set of neuspeed wheel for a good deal. Was wondering how the held up against the winter weather and pot holes. Recently bent stock wheel because of pot hole so wondering if the will bend easier then stock or hold up better. Thanks for you replys.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
50k on my neuspeeds and all is well. I wouldn't categorize them as soft, but I am diligent in avoiding potholes of course.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I’ve hit a few small and medium potholes in mine. But not many. I think they’ll hold up about at good as the stock ones. Or slightly better.

Last edited:

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
Thanks everybody was kinda worried first set of aftermarket wheels and all plus the roads in denver have went tl shit. Will post pic up later of bent stock wheel not bad you notice it when doing under 50 and cruising but if you getting it or above 50 you dont feel anything.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Thanks everybody was kinda worried first set of aftermarket wheels and all plus the roads in denver have went tl shit. Will post pic up later of bent stock wheel not bad you notice it when doing under 50 and cruising but if you getting it or above 50 you dont feel anything.
oh yeah man, the roads all over here have gone to shit too

TheProfessional

Go Kart Newbie
It wasn't until I hit (at 50 mph) a 8"x8" chuck of concrete laying in the road that I bent the lip on one of mine. I had hit multiple potholes and other debris before that with no issues. In total I put about 40K on the set before I sold that car.

My other car also has Neuspeeds, 17K miles with no issues.

tripleS

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
15 GTI PP \ 16 GT4
Never visibly bent or damaged my 18x8.5 Neuspeeds in over 50k+ miles and counting some hard pothole hits and 35 trackdays generously using curbs, always running moderately meatier 245/40 tires though.

The paint on the other hand... has taken a beating.

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
Thanks for all the replies. Makes me feel a lot better about putting them on and running all year with them. I go tomorrow to put a set of 245/40/18 Conti control contact sport srs. The only thing I'm worried about it rubbing the fuel filler neck. Anyone have that issue with the 245 the wheels are 8.5.

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
20210408_161609.jpg
Here the bent stock wheel.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Thanks for all the replies. Makes me feel a lot better about putting them on and running all year with them. I go tomorrow to put a set of 245/40/18 Conti control contact sport srs. The only thing I'm worried about it rubbing the fuel filler neck. Anyone have that issue with the 245 the wheels are 8.5.
Is it rubbing on the inside? If so. Some rear spacer would help no?

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
20210408_193529.jpg
Here the new wheels neuspeed rse10s in gunmetal. This with the michilen alpine 235/40/18 that I bought the tires with.