GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Neuspeed vs CTS cs Injen?

bigdaddyvoodoo

Ready to race!
I'm wanting to purchase an air intake kit for my new GTI. I'm one of those guys that actually likes the BOV sound so I'm guessing my best best is an open air intake. I'm assuming the performance of these are probably close to equal but I'm wondering if you guys have a suggestion.

I'm seeing three that I like and I'm leaning towards the CTS.

Please make up my mind for me.

Nuespeed P-FLO
http://www.moddedeuros.com/products/neuspeed-p-flo-intake-kit-65-10-47

CTS Turbo
http://www.moddedeuros.com/products/cts-turbo-mk7-intake-system-2015-gti

Injen SP
http://www.moddedeuros.com/products/injen-sp-short-ram-intake-black-15-gti-golf-r-a3-s3

Here's a picture of my virgin (but not anymore) GTI

ModdedEuros

Go Kart Champion
CTS is a really nice intake and we move a lot of them every month. I honestly would not look at the injen unless you really want to just get a budget intake. It is what it is but some people have had the filters crumble on them.

CTS and Neuspeed are quality manufacturers

Let us know if we can be of any help.

bigdaddyvoodoo

Ready to race!
Thanks.

CTS it is.

Miguel1

Ready to race!
Have the Injen and I love it. The intake noise is a whole lot louder than stock. I've had it for 8k miles now and it's doing just fine. Been through car washes, heavy rains and power washing and the hydroshield is working just fine.

But listen, you're going to get a lot of people saying why they love their intake. Choose the one that appeals most to you.

phaphaphooey

Ready to race!
I went with the cheapest. Injen makes intakes for a number of different cars and I haven't had a problem with their products on any of them. If the intake does crumble I will just put a K&N on it and still come out ahead of the others.

sangeseven

Ready to race!
So I just installed the Injen intake in my 1.8 golf. I love the sound it gives but I find I lost some kick, noticeably in third gear. When I was stock, going 80kmh in third, the acceleration was stronger and response was quicker. Running the intake, I feel like there's a little bit of last a noticeable loss in acceleration. I know intakes give little or no gains so I was prepared for that. But losing power, is that possible? Anyone else feeling it ?

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
Have the Injen and I love it. The intake noise is a whole lot louder than stock. I've had it for 8k miles now and it's doing just fine. Been through car washes, heavy rains and power washing and the hydroshield is working just fine.

But listen, you're going to get a lot of people saying why they love their intake. Choose the one that appeals most to you.

Same here. i dont even use the hydro shield. And i pressure wash my car every week. Never seen a drop in there. Also I have never heard of a filter crumbling... Love my Injen couldn't pass it up for $180 shipped. I felt a nice little bump in the top end, and it sounds amazing.

Its common for intakes to cause a slight loss of low end torque, but gain a bit of top end power. That might be what you're feeling. Gotta rev it out.

RicHSAD

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah, the hydro shield seems useless as far as I can tell. Went through the winter, car wash and everything and I've yet to see a drop of water on the intake.

ara35

Passed Driver's Ed
I have the Injen installed and I love it. I would definitely recommend it. Obviously, I cannot speak to the others, but I am a big fan of the Injen. I like the Injen for the sound, the simplicity and the look.

Lito_By_KDDI

Looking Good Man I am on the same boat as you and we have the same car.

I am thinking of getting the neuspeed.

This is mine i only have a DV+

poorness

Ready to race!
I'm in the exact same boat... looking at those three. I'm leaning towards the Neuspeed.

Fernflex

Ready to race!
I have injen. if I had to choose any other Cts would be my choice.

8,000 miles no problems with mine, in this car all the intakes with open elements are the same just different prices.