GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Neuspeed RSe10 Thread

eajr

Go Kart Champion
Satin Gun Metallic is kind of a ‘safe color’ and shows little to no brake dust. If I had it to do over, I might have gone with bronze, but felt like they showed dirt & dust more if you didn’t keep them clean.

Satin Gun Metallic

View attachment 176972
Those are pretty nice there. Why didn't you go with the satin black, or the very popular "hyper black"? I've been looking at either gunmetal or black.

Rrrrrmatey

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk 7.5 Golf R
Those are pretty nice there. Why didn't you go with the satin black, or the very popular "hyper black"? I've been looking at either gunmetal or black.

The biggest reason I didn’t go with satin black is because I felt like this is a wheel that when done in black kind of ‘fades into the tire’. Just not a fan of that look and might have gone with it if there was some color or visible contour break that made the wheel stand out more from the tire.

For hyper black, a few reasons - first the fact that I saw so many (not that the RSe10 itself is that unique). Second, seeing them in person, I thought they were amazing, but seemed like a nightmare to keep clean...I didn’t want a wheel that would look like crap a day or two after it was cleaned. Finally, I personally dig the rotors standing out from the wheels and the wheels standing out from the tire...the rotors blended a bit too much with the silver”ish” color I thought (being really nit-picky and purely my opinion).

The upside of the satin gun metallic for me is that they stand out just enough and are easy to maintain...the down side is even when clean, they don’t really look that much better than when they’re dirty (hence the ‘safe wheel’ comment).

Hope that helps, but you really can’t go wrong with any of the colors and from personal experience, the 30% discount Neuspeed will give you on replacement wheels is also a great incentive IMO.

VdubAlltrack

Go Kart Newbie
20200530_195815.jpg
20200523_193830.jpg

Hyper black. I like how the color changes in different lighting.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
red car def needs bronze!!

eajr

Go Kart Champion
The biggest reason I didn’t go with satin black is because I felt like this is a wheel that when done in black kind of ‘fades into the tire’. Just not a fan of that look and might have gone with it if there was some color or visible contour break that made the wheel stand out more from the tire.

For hyper black, a few reasons - first the fact that I saw so many (not that the RSe10 itself is that unique). Second, seeing them in person, I thought they were amazing, but seemed like a nightmare to keep clean...I didn’t want a wheel that would look like crap a day or two after it was cleaned. Finally, I personally dig the rotors standing out from the wheels and the wheels standing out from the tire...the rotors blended a bit too much with the silver”ish” color I thought (being really nit-picky and purely my opinion).

The upside of the satin gun metallic for me is that they stand out just enough and are easy to maintain...the down side is even when clean, they don’t really look that much better than when they’re dirty (hence the ‘safe wheel’ comment).

Hope that helps, but you really can’t go wrong with any of the colors and from personal experience, the 30% discount Neuspeed will give you on replacement wheels is also a great incentive IMO.
I see what you mean about the satin black. I saw a picture of a TR Gti with them and I really couldn't distinguish the features of the wheel, almost like it didn't even have a wheel from a distance. I do like the gunmetal too so that might be my best option. I just don't want to go with gloss because they are harder to maintain plus show the swirls/scratches more. My Mk7.5 is new so I'm obviously on stock pads and everybody knows how much dust these brakes produce..what pads are you running?

VL3X

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
They look nice, but what exactly is the color of hyper black? Sounds stupid but is it a chrome type of silver or something? I know it sounds strange...

It's hard to describe.. sort of like a black chrome. The outside of the spokes almost look silver or bright gunmetal when the sun hits, but the inner spokes and inside of the wheel look black. I've always loved hyper black on my white cars. I ran some on my STI too. I'll attach a few more pics...

Attachments

• Alxsti3.png
    Alxsti3.png
    9.1 MB · Views: 513
  • sash2.jpg
    sash2.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 511
  • Watkins.jpg
    Watkins.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 489

eajr

Go Kart Champion
It's hard to describe.. sort of like a black chrome. The outside of the spokes almost look silver or bright gunmetal when the sun hits, but the inner spokes and inside of the wheel look black. I've always loved hyper black on my white cars. I ran some on my STI too. I'll attach a few more pics...
Looks nice! So from your experience, how easy/difficult are they to maintain and do they show a lot of swirls, since they are polished?

VL3X

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
No swirls.. they're not polished like the oem GTI wheels. Difficulty of keeping wheels clean has more to do with the spoke design than the finish IMO. I keep my car very clean all the time, so I don't really find them hard to keep clean.

eajr

Go Kart Champion
No swirls.. they're not polished like the oem GTI wheels. Difficulty of keeping wheels clean has more to do with the spoke design than the finish IMO. I keep my car very clean all the time, so I don't really find them hard to keep clean.
Thanks for the input. I dont mind the stock wheels on my Mk7.5 (don't know what they are called?). I hated the Austins on my Mk7 because the piano black would scratch so easily it drove me insane.

What is your wheel cleaning process?

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Thanks for the input. I dont mind the stock wheels on my Mk7.5 (don't know what they are called?). I hated the Austins on my Mk7 because the piano black would scratch so easily it drove me insane.

What is your wheel cleaning process?
Do you have a Rabbit? My Mk7.5 wheels still have the same shiny black paint as my Mk7 did. Dallas and Austin wheels, the last two places I've lived. Hopefully Mk8 wheels are called San Luis Obispo or Petaluma.

As for cleaning, I use Optimum ONR, so just spray them before hitting them with a wheel brush from the soapy bucket. I'll use detailing q-tips to clean up the bolt seats every few months and clean up the black painted channels as needed.

HstephenG

Go Kart Champion
Satin Gun Metallic is kind of a ‘safe color’ and shows little to no brake dust. If I had it to do over, I might have gone with bronze, but felt like they showed dirt & dust more if you didn’t keep them clean.

Satin Gun Metallic

View attachment 176972
These look fantastic. I am more of an OEM wheel kind of guy but this is tempting.
Are those the Belvedere caps or is it a red accent added to the stock caps?

eajr

Go Kart Champion
Do you have a Rabbit? My Mk7.5 wheels still have the same shiny black paint as my Mk7 did. Dallas and Austin wheels, the last two places I've lived. Hopefully Mk8 wheels are called San Luis Obispo or Petaluma.

As for cleaning, I use Optimum ONR, so just spray them before hitting them with a wheel brush from the soapy bucket. I'll use detailing q-tips to clean up the bolt seats every few months and clean up the black painted channels as needed.
Its a 2019 Mk7.5 SE, standard wheels, so I assume they are the Dallas. I don't want to buy some expensive wheels that swirl up that easily. I don't mind cleaning them because I usually keep my car clean and detailed.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Its a 2019 Mk7.5 SE, standard wheels, so I assume they are the Dallas. I don't want to buy some expensive wheels that swirl up that easily. I don't mind cleaning them because I usually keep my car clean and detailed.
In my experience, if you treat wheels like your paint, you'll rarely hurt them. You can clay them to clean brake debris off, and use a mild polish like Meguairs Scratch X to deal with swirls or light scratches. For track wheels, I greatly prefer powdercoat as it's much stronger than paint and you can clean it with chrome polish.

eajr

Go Kart Champion
In my experience, if you treat wheels like your paint, you'll rarely hurt them. You can clay them to clean brake debris off, and use a mild polish like Meguairs Scratch X to deal with swirls or light scratches. For track wheels, I greatly prefer powdercoat as it's much stronger than paint and you can clean it with chrome polish.
Thats why I was thinking of coating my set of wheels. Especially if I go with the RSe10s Hyper Black.