GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Neuspeed power module used in high elevation.

Dbpgti1

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello. Planning on getting this module, but wanted to know how it would fare well in high elevation areas. I do road trips every so often and pass through parts or Colorado and Denver. Tried to do some research and someone had owned a jb1 had really bad timing pull in high elevation areas where he lived and did not recommend running a jb1 or npm if you lived in high elevation areas. Another owner who lived in 7k asl had a 1.8T and car went into limp mode. Neuspeed had him exchange the module out for a 2.0t version they recommended and it ran fine afterwards. The owner said he had no trouble whatsoever afterwards. My question is if I drove through the mountains and it had issues or limp mode/ bad timing, should I be ok to lug it through till it reaches lower elevation? Wanted to make sure the car would make it without any sort of damage. Also I hear it runs lean for a split second before the ecu kicks in with correct a/f ratio, which may cause wear on the engine/pistons. Any truth to that? Thanks!!!

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Dunno about that specific piggy back. But jb4’s seem to do ok up here. You’ll want to stick to map1 though unless you get a custom map6

Dbpgti1

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks! I should have mentioned I have an mk7.5 gti. I’m sticking to 5psi in 91 oct. I don’t plan on going anything higher than that, hence going with a neuspeed module.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Thanks! I should have mentioned I have an mk7.5 gti. I’m sticking to 5psi in 91 oct. I don’t plan on going anything higher than that, hence going with a neuspeed module.
I’ve no idea how that device works. But it should be fine in lower boost or 91 octane mode. If applicable.

I don’t own a jb4 btw. It’s just what I’ve heard from others with the Kia stinger

sherbet

Ready to race!
I have a Dinah piggyback I just removed from the car for my IS20 install. Worked flawlessly for 60k Miles, including trips to the mountains @ 7000 ft elevation.
DM if you want mine, I’ll let it go very cheap.