GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Neuspeed Power Module still good?

Drincc

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI
I feel like my GTI could use a little more power, but considering that I've still got a long way to go on the warranty, I don't want to flag TD1 like most tunes. I'm aware of JB1, but Neuspeed Power Module seems like a milder option by comparison, and I don't need that big of a bump.

Anyone still using a Neuspeed module, and is it still worth it?

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Last edited:

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
If you can find a good deal on one...it's absolutely still good. The bump in power and torque is noticeable. You'll really feel the bump up in torque.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Just keep in mind that a little more power quickly gets addictive and you'll want more. If you think that's even the slightest possibility then skip Neuspeed and the JB4 and just get a tune.

Drincc

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI
Just keep in mind that a little more power quickly gets addictive and you'll want more. If you think that's even the slightest possibility then skip Neuspeed and the JB4 and just get a tune.

My current measuring stick is a 1JZ-GTE shod Toyota sedan I used to own. 280HP/320TQ as factory rated. The GTI gets close, but NPM puts that right in striking distance. I might consider a straight up tune once the warranty runs out.

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
Ive had both the NPM and the JB4 ....

NPM wins in the ease of install and set and forget factor.

JB4 has better adjustability, pulls harder in Map 2 and can log many vital factors. And it can clear codes. Plus it can be tuned with manual inputs across the Rev range. Very powerful tool for a “piggyback”

Last edited:

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
I have a JB1 and love it. It's also set and forget...just bump it up to 5psi, feed it 93 octane (Shell Nitro+ in my case), and enjoy! I'm also trying to preserve my warranty...

gmgti

Ready to race!
Car(s)
That's what I did. Right to APR Stage 1.
Perfect amount of power at the moment.

Last edited:

Drincc

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI
If your like me at all you will get bored of the extra power after a while and eventually want more. I went JB1-STG1-STG2-IS38 so I know how that goes. If not,why not a JB4? Gives you some adjustability , especially if you end up getting a DP down the line. I found one that is local.

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/rds/pts/d/surrey-jb4-for-ea888-mk7-golf-tsi-gti/7305628192.html

With that said there's nothing wrong with a NPM but it may leave you wanting more.

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/nvn/pts/d/north-vancouver-neuspeed-power-module/7307391038.html

If this isn't a sign, I don't know what is.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Last edited:

zucchinies

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 A3
It's good enough. It was my first power mod before I jumped to EQT Stage 1. I was able to find one for 200 dollars on ebay and they pop up frequently.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I ran a NPM for almost three years...never had any issues with it. Used a E30 mix at times also with no issues.