GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Neuspeed module

Bigworm420

Car(s)
'20 6speed mk7.5
So I just installed a neuspeed module on my '20 mk7.5 with 1550mi on it & holy hell does it make a difference! I have a twintercooler, cts intake hose, cts turbo inlet, cts charge & discharge/ throttle pipes, 034 tmd, stock airbox w snow guard delete, & k&n air filter. I also have a bunch of suspension mods but im at stock height. My question is the two switches on the back, what positions should they be in? I bought it second hand therefore I have no instructions. I know they r for 91 & 100 octane, 5psi & 7psi boost. But which switch does what for what settings up & down? I run 93 octane always. I could use some input. Went with neuspeed because of warranty & I plan on doing a down pipe eventually, but probably not until my warranty is out. What kind of power, estimated, should I be making with current mods? Anything I should be looking out for? What positions should i have those two switches in?? Thanks for any input, its much appreciated!
IMG_20210116_191340_155.jpg

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Welcome to the forum. I don't know the answer because I have no experience with it. Try the Neuspeed website. I'm sure they have the instructions that you can download. If not then call them.

Bigworm420

Car(s)
'20 6speed mk7.5
I've been looking on the website & they only show it having one switch, up is 100 octane & down is 91. But I've read u can switch between 5psi & 7psi along w switching between 91 & 100. Mine has two separate switches so im assuming one is for psi & the other is for octane. Can't figure out which switch does what. LOL Probably going to have to call them im guessing.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I checked their website and it has instructions with a picture and instructions on the switches.

Bigworm420

Car(s)
'20 6speed mk7.5
Ok, now I found instructions showing two separate switches & is says both must be in the same position. Wonder why it has two separate switches then? I'll have to just keep both of them in the down position then because I'm just running 93 octane. But I think I'll give them a call tomorrow anyway just to ask why they have separate switches but both need to be in the same position. Maybe I'll get some good octane booster & try the other setting eventually also. Thanks for the help!

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Ok, now I found instructions showing two separate switches & is says both must be in the same position. Wonder why it has two separate switches then? I'll have to just keep both of them in the down position then because I'm just running 93 octane. But I think I'll give them a call tomorrow anyway just to ask why they have separate switches but both need to be in the same position. Maybe I'll get some good octane booster & try the other setting eventually also. Thanks for the help!
One switch is for 91 octane and 5 psi boost and the other is for 7 psi boost and higher octane but it didn't say what the higher octane is.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
You can run either. The 7psi works with 93. Just don't keep the RPMs at high revs for too long. The big difference is the amount of torque between 5 and 7psi. You can also run 3 gallons of E85 to get the most out of the 7psi position. During the hot summer months...you'll be better off in the 5psi.

I ran one for a couple years...its works really well for what it is.

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
Run lower setting. The higher setting requires specific higher octane gas. Fit this type of module I would use lower only. Never heard of issues is NPM unless one selects higher setting and gas is not correct. For peace of mind, lower setting.
I loved my NPM but on forum it is always crapped on. Used mine for 2 years, my end cost was $100 for that usage. Tune is better but for ease of in and out it is a nice unit. Enjoy.

Bigworm420

Car(s)
'20 6speed mk7.5
So what i did was picked up a can of Octanoum (supposed to add 6 points) & added it to a full tank of 93, so octane is probably about 99 give or take, & left it on the 5psi setting & Holy Shit! U could already feel the difference using the module but the octane boost REALLY made a difference. So I'm going to just run it on the +5psi/91 octane setting & dump a bottle of that in the tank every so often, it should help with carbon deposits also im hoping. But so far I'm really loving this neuspeed module! Maybe I'll step up to a jb4 but who knows, maybe the neuspeed will be enough to keep me happy until my warranty is out & then go with a pro tune. But in all honesty I really do like how this neuspeed power module works! Only downside is 126mph comes up pretty quick

mike-y

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI / 2016 R
be careful with those canned octane boosters, most don't give you as much increase as you would think. 1 point of octane doesn't = 1 number at the gas pump from what I remember. Not saying it doesn't help, but just don't think of it as a substitute for proper high-octane fuel.

Bigworm420

Car(s)
'20 6speed mk7.5
be careful with those canned octane boosters, most don't give you as much increase as you would think. 1 point of octane doesn't = 1 number at the gas pump from what I remember. Not saying it doesn't help, but just don't think of it as a substitute for proper high-octane fuel.
No, im putting all my faith in that stuff at all. + its too expensive to run all the time! I always run 93 anyway but a little boost now & then can't hurt. I dumped a can of the Royal Purple octane booster in to try it first & it was a little jerky on my way to to top my car off, but once filled it smoothed out. That was $14/bottle & rated for 30 points & I think that equals out to +3ish octane rating. Just trying it. I also bought a $23/bottle of Octanium that I've read a bunch about. Guess its a big product in the BMW world & they advertise +6 octane per bottle mixed w 10 gallons of 93. So when I run my tank dry from trying the Royal shit im going to run a full tank of just 93, run that dry, & then on the next fill up I want to try the Octanium. I have my neuspeed module set at +5psi/91 octane & thats where I'll leave it. I never ran race gas before & wouldn't even know where to get it or what mods I would to even have to do to the car so it runs correctly just because I know nothing about it. Someone else mentioned running like 3 gallons of e85 mixed w 93 but I dont even know if thats safe or not. Everything I've read says if compression is lower then 10:1 its pointless & I think my gti is 9:1 but im not sure so I don't want to screw w it too much. I already have a twintercooler, charge & discharge pipes, tmd & inlet hose, k&n air filter. So that stuff definitely makes a big difference now that I installed the neuspeed power module. It gets to 126 real quick, unfortunately it only gets to 126. But I'll live w that till my warranty is done then have a real tune installed along w a downpipe & I'll be golden. I plan on staying stock is20 turbo, but my mind could change in 4 years(along w my budget) LOL

Bigworm420

Car(s)
'20 6speed mk7.5
You can run either. The 7psi works with 93. Just don't keep the RPMs at high revs for too long. The big difference is the amount of torque between 5 and 7psi. You can also run 3 gallons of E85 to get the most out of the 7psi position. During the hot summer months...you'll be better off in the 5psi.

Do I have to make any mechanical upgrades to be able to run e85?

Bigworm420

Car(s)
'20 6speed mk7.5

& im also still equipped w the stock clutch so would/could that be an issue running the higher torque?