GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Neophyte driver passed everyone in run group in one session at Lime Rock !

R Golf

Go Kart Champion
That would be my daughter ! We had a terrific day at Lime Rock. She did the car control clinic on the autoX course at Lime Rock with SCDA, but this was her first track event ever on a full track. I also hit a new PB at 1.03.9, but it was more fun watching her pass every car in her run group and lapping one during her last session. She hit a 1:11 which is excellent for a Novice in a Golf R and amazing for a neophyte. (I know....proud daddy speaking but what the heck.)

To make it even crazier, she has lived her entire adult life in Manhattan without a car and only recently moved up to the Berkshires near us and started driving regulalrly again. What a great day. We did a lot of video watching and Forza practice before the event which she said was a huge help.

Thanks for bearing with the proud poppa rendition of track driving. ;>)

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I hope I can get my son on track someday. He was getting really fast autocrossing before leaving for college, now he's just to busy.

Tell her congrats and to keep at it. Lime Rock can be tricky, so kudos to her.

R Golf

Go Kart Champion
I hope I can get my son on track someday. He was getting really fast autocrossing before leaving for college, now he's just to busy.

Tell her congrats and to keep at it. Lime Rock can be tricky, so kudos to her.
Thanks. It's so great when you can have your kid(s) there. Hopefully your son will find some spare time to give it a shot. My son got into tracking during college back when I was instructing with PCA. He loved it, but eventually had 3 kids, work, and other things took up too much time. He tries to drive on track about once a year. Judging from my daughter's thoughts after the event, I think and hope she may become a regular.

To make it better, track people in general are a welcoming bunch.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Been through that....I think we all have. 🙂Get him to the track and he'll see what real speed is like, and one of the best things, no tickets!
He’s got zero on track experience. I’d have to toss him in my Mickey Mouse sim rig for a while first 😂

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
@R Golf That's awesome! Sounds like she had a blast. That's an incredible lap time for someone new. You've got a lot to be proud of.

Are you running at Palmer w SCDA tomorrow? It will be my first time running CW at that track.

R Golf

Go Kart Champion
We're away on a short vacation, so I won't be able to do Palmer. Have a great day. I really like that track CW.

Thanks for the kudos. I was really shocked at her time. You met my daughter at the car control clinic. I think she's going to get hooked. She signed up for MassTuning at Palmer on October 3 and hopefully we can find an additional day for her this season.

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
Maybe I'll see you guys at Palmer. Today was gorgeous. Perfect temp in the low 70s and crystal clear. Was lapping just below 2:00 by the last session (in the Miata) so making good progress.

May try to make a trip out to the Glen in July w SCDA.

R Golf

Go Kart Champion
Maybe I'll see you guys at Palmer. Today was gorgeous. Perfect temp in the low 70s and crystal clear. Was lapping just below 2:00 by the last session (in the Miata) so making good progress.

May try to make a trip out to the Glen in July w SCDA.
Breaking 2:00's on your first time out at Palmer CW is pretty nice in a Miata. Nice going. It takes a lot of momentum to defeat those big uphills with not a ton of power. I find that track really likes the R's AWD, and it's one of the few places where I think it's a real advantage.

Love the Glen. I'm taking July/Aug off, so I won't be there, then hitting it hard in the fall.