GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need to borrow a VAS 5054A asap!

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
Need to borrow someone's VAS 5054A. The Chinese clone I picked up for some reason doesn't work and I need to activate my MIB2.5 asap. ?

Please PM or let me know who's renting these out.

Thanks!
Michael

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
I could lend you mine but I'm out of town until next week.

Interested to see your 2.5 setup though! Do you have US maps and/or Sirius XM?

Thanks for the offer but a member over on VWVortex is sending his out this evening for me to borrow. Yes, It has Sirius XM but I went with the non-navigation MIB2.5 "brain". It has App Connect Android Auto / Apple Car Play. While I had the lower portion of the dashboard removed and b-pillar trim I also went ahead and installed a new HELIX subwoofer into the sound system. Rather do it all as one big install.

Check this link for a great DIY put together by @stuntnuts along with images of my unit. Warning it involves some work, $$ and patience!

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
Are you going mib 2 or 2.5? 2.5 is a completely different beast in both install and size. The link you posted is for the mib 2 updated jmodels

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Are you going mib 2 or 2.5? 2.5 is a completely different beast in both install and size. The link you posted is for the mib 2 updated jmodels
Thanks for the offer but a member over on VWVortex is sending his out this evening for me to borrow. Yes, It has Sirius XM but I went with the non-navigation MIB2.5 "brain". It has App Connect Android Auto / Apple Car Play. While I had the lower portion of the dashboard removed and b-pillar trim I also went ahead and installed a new HELIX subwoofer into the sound system. Rather do it all as one big install.

Check this link for a great DIY put together by @stuntnuts along with images of my unit. Warning it involves some work, $$ and patience!
Yea I believe he is doing a MIB2 swap. It is still a great upgrade from MIB1, but you're right, 2.5 is completely different, and as I understand it there is no option for US maps or Sirius XM in MIB 2.5.