GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need some pics of corner bumper vents for MK7R

smashedpotatoes

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Golf 7 R
Hi all,

I got my car back from the body shop a couple weeks ago and noticed they may have messed up a bit reinstalling my front bumper. More specifically, I saw some bits in the corner vents that I don’t recall seeing before I dropped off my car. Would anyone help check their bumpers and let me know how mine compares?

I took some pics and circled areas where I don’t remember being exposed prior. The right (passenger) side has some sort of plastic hose visible and the left (driver) side has some plastic piece sticking out. My gut is telling me that the hose might be fine but the plastic piece looks bent out of shape.

Attachments

• 4E33A126-4942-4AD0-BFAF-F497FB80FAA3.jpeg
    4E33A126-4942-4AD0-BFAF-F497FB80FAA3.jpeg
    919.6 KB · Views: 169
  • 898BE428-8D5E-4F87-80E1-E172396A9919.jpeg
    898BE428-8D5E-4F87-80E1-E172396A9919.jpeg
    1,022.9 KB · Views: 152

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
I might be wrong but based on the hose and connector that looks like the headlight washer for me. Does the right side still work?
DC0CB692-531A-4438-8056-B722E48D7055.jpeg

smashedpotatoes

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Golf 7 R
I agree. That looks like the headlight washer. I haven’t tried to see if it still works but I don’t have any reason to suspect it doesn’t. My main concern is verifying if it was exposed like that originally. I don’t believe it was but don’t remember.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Don’t have a Golf R but that doesn’t look right to me. As if it isn’t clicked in correctly.

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
I can tell you 100% they are routing that headlight washer incorrectly, it should be behind the air duct.

They have made that mistake on my car twice, different shops. In my car it causes the headlight washer to get stuck on the way down.
This was a body shop (that does high-end cars for all the Miami people, and charge $$) and a local euro shop that almost exclusively does MK5,Mk6,Mk7s (and have been going for the last decade) so it happens...

You have to go back for sure to get it fixed.....

smashedpotatoes

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Golf 7 R
What year was the car that sent you the picture?

The MK7.5s don't have headlight washers.
Yep, aware of this! It was a MK7, same year as mine. Thanks.

I can tell you 100% they are routing that headlight washer incorrectly, it should be behind the air duct.

They have made that mistake on my car twice, different shops. In my car it causes the headlight washer to get stuck on the way down.
This was a body shop (that does high-end cars for all the Miami people, and charge $$) and a local euro shop that almost exclusively does MK5,Mk6,Mk7s (and have been going for the last decade) so it happens...

You have to go back for sure to get it fixed.....
Ouch, thanks for letting me know. I’ve already reached out to the body shop to set up an appointment to come back. The repairs and paint work are good quality, so I’m just chalking this up to carelessness.

Kushdaiin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R, MK7 GSW SEL
When I installed the Park Assist Sensors on my R, the first time I put my bumper on I had a hell of a time getting everything to line up and it looked exactly as your first pictures. It just takes a little bit of patience and experience to get it on cleanly. Ideally its a two-person job but can be done without issue by yourself and a furniture blanket on the ground. It looks like they didn't bother to inspect their work as its easy to be deceived into thinking you've got it right, when in reality, shit's sticking out everywhere.