GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need some advice.

gtchris1

Ready to race!
So i took my car into the dealers today for a clubky gearbox and a rattle under the car.
They rang me this afternoon and said they couldnt find any fault with it.
I then asked the mechanic to come out on a test drive which he did and i showed him what the problem was.
He said to me dont worry every car does that.
I thought to myself "no it doesnt".
The car is great but it is just these couple niggly little things.
If im still not happy what are my next options.???.
Its now gone in 2 times for same problem and they cant find nothing

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
I'd either
1) Contact VW corporate about your issues.
2) Stop going to the same dealership.

up4speed

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Ask to test drive another one. I have a DSG and it is also a little noisy (whine) in the lower gears and has a clunk as I slow down for the transmission to release. In my case, it is perfectly normal for a DSG, it's an automated manual, not a traditional automatic.
Yours may also be normal, just ask to drive a similar car. If it is normal, and it still bothers you, that would be a shame because that would mean that the only way you can be happy is with a different car.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
How can you expect a good answer when you don't say which transmission you have?

WHEN does it clunk? We're not mind readers here. No wonder they said it was normal.

Why didn't you say, let's drive one on the lot?

gtchris1

Ready to race!
Its a manual.
It will rattle inbetween me changing gear and releasing my clutch after ive shifted
Ive already had a go in my friends golf and it felt very smooth and no rattles at all hence why i booked it in and thats a manual too.

up4speed

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Its a manual.
It will rattle inbetween me changing gear and releasing my clutch after ive shifted
Ive already had a go in my friends golf and it felt very smooth and no rattles at all hence why i booked it in and thats a manual too.

In that case it seems that yours actually has a problem and it seems like you need a different dealer to check it out.
If they say the same thing, make sure that you request a test drive to prove it since your friends car doesn't do it.

I feel today like everyone is listing problems like mine ! When my car was in I told them the same thing except it's when I release the clutch only, it's more a clunk than a rattle. First time they changed the bushes on the clutch, or so they said. Told them no difference, guess what... Nothing they can find wrong with it.

It can't be coincidence that members are reporting the same issues but VW keep saying there's nothing wrong.

BTW I contacted VW executive office and all they said was take it to the dealer and we will liase with them. I asked the dealer, all they done was called and asked the outcome and told me the same as the dealer told me.

There's issues needing addressed but VW just always seem to say they can't find a fault.

Its a manual.

gtchris1

Ready to race!
Little update since last time it went in.....
No change at all.
Today has been the worst its been.
Im taking it further now ive had it.
One of my neighbours is a mechanic for vauxhall and tonight hes had a look and said thats definately not right.
Its a hard one,i absolutely love this car but this is starting now to get me angry.
Im taking it further now.
Is it vw customer service i need to ring??.
Ive again drove my friends golf today and its silky smooth.

Streetfighter1

Passed Driver's Ed
I would call VW Corporate and explain the situation. Having documentation of your visits will be important. Good luck, I hope VW is understanding.

gtchris1

Ready to race!
Little update.
I have literally just came back from the dealer again.
Ive told them im not happy and i asked if i could show a technician the problem.
The technician took it round the block with me in the passenger side and said..."this is really bad and thats not right"
Horaaaaayyyyyy finally im starting to get some where.
Its booked in next week.
I still find it hard to believe that a car thats only done 4k miles has now got to be stripped.
He rekons its something to do with the bottom end or something and they are going to have to strip it down.
That was hard work.lol.