GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need NYC area shop rec (for intercooler install)

Boje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Anyone know a shop that does good work in the NYC area, aside from Tyrolsport? Willing to drive an hour so if needs be... it's for a stock location intercooler install.

acorazza

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI 6MT
I can recommend European Auto in Island Park. They have been great with me and have worked on my car including a FMIC but I know they can do stock location as well.

Boje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R

ILuvLamp

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
I can recommend European Auto in Island Park. They have been great with me and have worked on my car including a FMIC but I know they can do stock location as well.
I second European Auto in Island Park. George is the owner and he knows what he’s doing. They’ve done good work on my Golf R. Clutch replacement, oil pan replacement, etc.

Boje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I second European Auto in Island Park. George is the owner and he knows what he’s doing. They’ve done good work on my Golf R. Clutch replacement, oil pan replacement, etc.
Thanks! Tried to book with them, they asked that I do it via text, and they stopped replying after a couple texts... I'll try again

Boje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R

LVE2DRV

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks! Contributed to that thread, and have called all the places local to me that're in the spreadsheet but no luck yet, weirdly. The only place that'll do it so far is a place I've not had the best experiences with... I'll keep calling around
why not tackle it yourself? not that bad of a job and probably takes 4 hours max. save that install money for other parts

Boje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
why not tackle it yourself? not that bad of a job and probably takes 4 hours max. save that install money for other parts
I'd love to but I live in an apartment with no parking... did a FMIC myself on my old GTI on the side of the street, that was fun, but not sure I want to go this deep in case something went wrong and I had to leave the car for a bit... that said I see you're in NYC, you wanna help and I'll buy the beer? :)

LVE2DRV

Passed Driver's Ed
I'd love to but I live in an apartment with no parking... did a FMIC myself on my old GTI on the side of the street, that was fun, but not sure I want to go this deep in case something went wrong and I had to leave the car for a bit... that said I see you're in NYC, you wanna help and I'll buy the beer? :)
depending how handy you are and OCD with installs .... wouldn't mind helping as long as the favor is returned both ways.
Just need a decent location, some ramps, time and good cool weather

Boje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
depending how handy you are and OCD with installs .... wouldn't mind helping as long as the favor is returned both ways.
Just need a decent location, some ramps, time and good cool weather
That's extremely kind of you! I am pretty handy and the OCD is I think under control? But I think the weather is an issue and yesterday I finally heard back from European Autos and looks like they can do it Wednesday, so I'll probably just go ahead and get it done (thing has been sitting in my basement for a couple of months). But thanks a million and yes would always return the favor (y)

RMinNJ

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI S
Which IC you installing? The APR looked like it performed the best on the mygolfmk7 site.

Boje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Which IC you installing? The APR looked like it performed the best on the mygolfmk7 site.
A Unitronic one I got used at a good price. I don't push this car that hard and no plans to go big turbo or anything, so I reckon any of 'em would do fine for me.

Last edited: