GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need help finding a good shop in SoCal (Los Angeles Area)

callmeceez

Hello my fellow GTI owners. I'm in need of a bit of guidance here. My car is coming up on 40,000 miles and I need to find a good shop in my area. I've been taking it to a dealer I like, but their pricing is starting to wear me out, especially with this DSG service I'll be needing.

Most VW shops I've found specialize in classics. I was wondering if anyone around here has a preferred shop in the Los Angeles area (south LA preferred, but I'm willing to drive out to a good shop if necessary). I'm looking for a place that does general maintenance (brakes, oil changes, etc.), not looking for any crazy mods...yet.

Thanks in advance.

AGEE4

Ready to race!
Not in Los Angeles, but about 40 miles south you have Metric Auto Sport in Huntington Beach. I would recommend these guys 100%, great service, very knowledgeable & unbeatable prices too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

callmeceez

Heading to the beach, I guess...

Not in Los Angeles, but about 40 miles south you have Metric Auto Sport in Huntington Beach. I would recommend these guys 100%, great service, very knowledgeable & unbeatable prices too!

40 miles ain't so bad. Thanks for the tip. :)

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
Hello my fellow GTI owners. I'm in need of a bit of guidance here. My car is coming up on 40,000 miles and I need to find a good shop in my area. I've been taking it to a dealer I like, but their pricing is starting to wear me out, especially with this DSG service I'll be needing.

Most VW shops I've found specialize in classics. I was wondering if anyone around here has a preferred shop in the Los Angeles area (south LA preferred, but I'm willing to drive out to a good shop if necessary). I'm looking for a place that does general maintenance (brakes, oil changes, etc.), not looking for any crazy mods...yet.

Thanks in advance.

I always took my cars to Trinity Autosport in Anaheim. They're not the cheapest shop but Joe and this team do good work. Check them out on IG, yelp, fb, etc.

Last edited:

dragonskiss

Ready to race!
AU Tuning in Huntington Beach and EMD Auto (formerly Emmanuele Design) in Anaheim do great work. Thomas at EMD Auto is a stand up guy and very reasonable on labor rates.

Last edited:

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
EuroWurx in Burbank is a helluva shop. They tuned and maintain my friends Stage III+ MK6 R and they tuned his dad's 997.2 911 Turbo S Stage III

Hexxum001

Ready to race!
Give Emmanuele Design in Anaheim a call and talk to Thomas. They actually go by EDM (Emmanuele Design Motorsports) now. They have done most of the work on my GTI and I guarantee you that their pricing is very competitive. They have done a couple of things on my S3 also and will do more in the future.

newcarsmell

Go Kart Champion
I’ve been going to AU Tuning for all my maintenance and modifications over the past 5 years. I live in Los Angeles and sometimes coordinating service is a hassle but I feel it is worth it.

TCdaosithui

Ready to race!
EuroWurx in Burbank is a helluva shop. They tuned and maintain my friends Stage III+ MK6 R and they tuned his dad's 997.2 911 Turbo S Stage III

Callmeceez, I hope you found a place nearby already but if you haven't - I second this, for the tunes they basically charge you the same prices for the parts as you get them yourself from APR or Neuspeed and labor at $120/hr.

The DSG service would be around $600-700 at dealership.

Father Seth

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 Golf TSI
Definitely way late but +1 here for AU Tuning in Huntington Beach