GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

need engine builder recommendations

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
Potentially looking for a new build depending on what happens with my current motor. Oil full of metal and looks like candy paint.

Has anyone heard of builtbythomas ? He's on FB and IG and seems to do alot of EA888 builds.

PagParts is an option. Still no website for whatever reason.

A2B is another I'm aware of.

Thoughts? Reviews? Thanks

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Is there engine build parts list, from people that have already done it?

I plan to build mine in the future, I saw IE had full engine build parts, but people's motors Blew up? So I'm just trying to copy past builds from people who's Engines haven't blown up. My goal is just to hold around 500s safely.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma

I plan to build mine in the future, I saw IE had full engine build parts, but people's motors Blew up? So I'm just trying to copy past builds from people who's Engines haven't blown up. My goal is just to hold around 500s safely.
Whatever you do don't buy from IE. They'll turn their back on you, block you, and make fun of you on the internet after they blow up your car.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Potentially looking for a new build depending on what happens with my current motor. Oil full of metal and looks like candy paint.

Has anyone heard of builtbythomas ? He's on FB and IG and seems to do alot of EA888 builds.

PagParts is an option. Still no website for whatever reason.

A2B is another I'm aware of.

Thoughts? Reviews? Thanks
I've talked to Thomas and Arnold a bit. Would gladly give either of them my business, but you gotta get them on the phone to get anything going.

I never got confirmation on Arnold's engine warranty but Thomas told me he warranties EQT, APR, and UM tuned motors. Charlie @ VAMP performance told me roughly the same thing for his builds.

https://a2bmotorsport.net/collectio...ne-gasket-hardware-kit?variant=40353507803332

Wouldn't necessarily buy that from A2B but it's a good list of the random gaskets and timing components you should replace on top of the stuff Diggs linked. The IE stuff is fine, it's just Mahle pistons and the same chinese rods everyone else sells.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT

Umm yeah, in my build thread.

IE engines have a bad reputation for blowing up.

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
What's the average cost and turnaround time going to a shop? Is it usually a 2 week process?

FFE and PagParts are both 10 min from me.

FFE worked on my MK5 which I regret ever selling it.

PagParts does great work I been there for my MK7 a few times but it's one man handling a ton of work and orders. So there's longer than usual wait times.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
What's the average cost and turnaround time going to a shop? Is it usually a 2 week process?

FFE and PagParts are both 10 min from me.

FFE worked on my MK5 which I regret ever selling it.

PagParts does great work I been there for my MK7 a few times but it's one man handling a ton of work and orders. So there's longer than usual wait times.
That's a question you'd have to ask a shop. Will vary by season, supply chain, machine shop, etc.
I'd have Arnold do everything on my car if he was that close, I've always been impressed with his engineering.

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
Umm yeah, in my build thread.

IE engines have a bad reputation for blowing up.
Define “blowing up”. Because I have their Mahles and rods.

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
Ah.