GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need all season recommendations

I know a lot of people don’t like all seasons. Where I am at (Germany) they are actually more preferred. I have been looking at Yokohama and Kumho’s. I would like to know what others think. Please if the only response is “all seasons suck” or “don’t use them” then just omit submitting an opinion. All seasons are just easier to deal with and considering how crazy the weather is here they are beneficial. Thanks in advance.

Sub-to-Dub

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 GTI Sport 6MT
What kind of weather and temperatures are you likely to encounter where you are in Germany? A few snow storms a year and temps down around freezing?

I'd recommend the Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 or the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+. From my experience the Michelins have more dry grip and are a little more responsive while the Continentals have the edge in snow traction and comfort.

Those two seem to be regarded as the best of the sporty all-season offerings but there are certainly others in the category (the BFGoodrich g-Force COMP-2 A/S are also highly rated) as well as other all-seasons that focus more on comfort and tread life.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
As said, Conti DWS06s for ride, better snow traction (relative) and cost. Michelin A/S3+s for response and better dry/warm traction. Don't know availability of either in DE, but each manufacturer should have something similar, if not same, over there.

All over Europe. Any tire shop in Germany will sell these, they're popular since
these CrossClimate win most A/S tire reviews.

However, dude, I'd prefer running dedicated summers and winters in Germany.
Michelin PSS in the summer, Conti TS860 Sport or similar in the winter. Just in
case it's real winter in the Taunus or if you even do a trip to Austria. Several
winter tires are 'V' rated up to 240 km/h btw.

All over Europe. Any tire shop in Germany will sell these, they're popular since
these CrossClimate win most A/S tire reviews.

However, dude, I'd prefer running dedicated summers and winters in Germany.
Michelin PSS in the summer, Conti TS860 Sport or similar in the winter. Just in
case it's real winter in the Taunus or if you even do a trip to Austria. Several
winter tires are 'V' rated up to 240 km/h btw.

im actually very close to taunus, if not in it. thing is i have limited room for storage and already went through the constant tire changing thing. rather just stick them on once and call it a day