GOLFMKV

Need Advice...TCR Rear Valance

JJ_MK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI Autobahn
20210320_120450.jpg
20210320_120920.jpg

Looking for advice because I think this rear valance doesn’t fit correctly on a 2020 GTI. It has this raise lip on the corners that doesn’t allow it to come all the way in. It seems wrong to me.
Anyone that has installed one of this care to comment. I'm in the middle of installing this and debating if I should mount the OEM back.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Looking for advice because I think this rear valance doesn’t fit correctly on a 2020 GTI. It has this raise lip on the corners that doesn’t allow it to come all the way in. It seems wrong to me.
Anyone that has installed one of this care to comment. I'm in the middle of installing this and debating if I should mount the OEM back.
There is a slight gap present because there is another trim piece that goes with it but isn't compatible with our non TCR bumpers. Mine looks like that too but doesn't bother me, I'm the only one who notices.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
There is a gap present because there is another trim piece that goes with it but isn't compatible with our non TCR bumpers. Mine looks like that too but doesn't bother me.
This is true there is like 2 or 3 other pieces that you can purchase with the tcr diffuser which its like 280 ish for everything on ecs or 202 for just the tcr diffuser (without the extra pieces)

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
These are the extra pieces in this photo

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210320-195851_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210320-195851_Samsung Internet.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 219

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
There is a slight gap present because there is another trim piece that goes with it but isn't compatible with our non TCR bumpers. Mine looks like that too but doesn't bother me, I'm the only one who notices.
Those trims that get 3m’d on won’t fit on a standard mk7.5 rear clip?

What’s different on a TCR rear clip other than the diffuser, and mounting brackets that you use with the kit?

JJ_MK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI Autobahn
I figure two things as I was debating what to do, that I was missing some sort of trim that will complete and blend the gap in the corners of the valance or that the TCR valance is not even compatible with the rear bumper we have in our MK7.5 GTI. I decided to leave the valance on the car even as my OCD was driving me crazy.

Now, that's interesting that the TCR trim pieces are not compatible with our GTI rear bumper. This detail if accurate kind of makes me wonder about our bumper compatibility with TCR rear valance.

I was also missing the mounting bracket that now needs to be larger and I didn't get them.

Last edited:

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Those trims that get 3m’d on won’t fit on a standard mk7.5 rear clip?

What’s different on a TCR rear clip other than the diffuser, and mounting brackets that you use with the kit?
The left and right trim pieces that go with the diffuser has 3 plastic pieces that stick out and are supposed to go into matching recesses on the TCR rear bumper. I suppose you could just shave them down then just 3m tape it to the bumper to make it work.

SmartSelect_20210320-204147_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20210320-202920_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:

Karbelkar

Car(s)
2019 Golf 7.5 GTI
I have the same gap,roughly 2mm. Remember to order the TCR specific inserts to fully close off the gaps.
Part numbers:
5G6 807 509D
5G6 807 510D

Attachments

• IMG_20210212_101427-01-01.jpeg
    IMG_20210212_101427-01-01.jpeg
    492.7 KB · Views: 267

JJ_MK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI Autobahn
Karbelkar, so those inserts will pull the valance tight against the rear bumper. ECS has them on backorder until mid May. Thank you for this info.

Karbelkar

Car(s)
2019 Golf 7.5 GTI
It will bring it a lot closer, however it still wont be 100% flush against the bumper. The main benefit of the inserts is to close off the gap in the wheelarch that exists when using the standard (non-TCR) inserts. Surprisingly the LHS of my valence fitted slightly better than the RHS when I did my install. Marginally bigger gap between valence and bumper on the RHS