GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Nee some advice on alignment

Jwon97

Car(s)
Mk7.5 Golf GTI 6mt
Hi guys,
So after installing ST XTA coil overs on my 2018 GTI, I went in for an alignment.
I was told I might need to replace the driver-side control arm because the caster is off.
I did hit a pothole previous to installing my coil overs, so I think the subframe may have shifted or the control arm may be bent. Or in the worst case both.
I did jack up my car to see my control arm and didn't notice any damage. I'm guessing if I align my subframe it should even out a caster and camber, but I want to know how much caster adjustment can be fixed by aligning the subframe. As you can see my caster is very off. I did purchase 034 subframe bolt collar kit(alignment kit) and waiting to install it.

Attachments

• Alignment .jpeg
    Alignment .jpeg
    316.5 KB · Views: 52

ChristopherNeil

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I'd assume the alignment shop would know that you can adjust the subframe to compensate a little, but I'd install the subframe alignment kit first then see where you're at.

I had the cts subframe kit installed along with whiteline LCAs/roll-centers and 034 top mounts (among other non-alignment-related parts) and the only points of adjustments now are tie rods and lower ball joints. Perfectly symmetrical up front.

20220916_131620.jpg

Jwon97

Car(s)
Mk7.5 Golf GTI 6mt
I'd assume the alignment shop would know that you can adjust the subframe to compensate a little, but I'd install the subframe alignment kit first then see where you're at.

I had the cts subframe kit installed along with whiteline LCAs/roll-centers and 034 top mounts (among other non-alignment-related parts) and the only points of adjustments now are tie rods and lower ball joints. Perfectly symmetrical up front.

View attachment 261413
Seems like its much better than mine.. ill try installing subframe alignment kit and see where im at.