GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Nc gti where are you at?

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Thanks. Thats why I haven't seen anything about NC VAG runs. stupid facebook
Yep, Facebook sucks. Unfortunately, that’s what they use.

Killswitch24

Ready to race!
Posting here for local pickup:

I have a set of BEC MK7.5 R style headlights that fit MK7.5 Golfs/GTIs/Alltracks with factory halogens

They include Hylux 5500k HIDs and even a new clear Lamin-x set (w/ Alltrack fogs)

$400 SOLD!

Last edited:

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Not VW specific obviously, but C&C Charlotte is one of the largest in the state. Other than that, you're not too far to catch the NC VAG group on mountain runs. The typical route is 40 to Marion and up to Little Switzerland and then BRP up to 421 and then home (mostly triangle and triad).
Have you guys ever taken route 80 up to the BRP in Marion. IMO it’s a better drive than up 221. 80 is only 2 lane so there’s that but it’s an awesome road.

paNX2K&SE-R

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4Mo
Have you guys ever taken route 80 up to the BRP in Marion. IMO it’s a better drive than up 221. 80 is only 2 lane so there’s that but it’s an awesome road.
Yeah that section is the "Devils Whip," I've done it a bunch. If you continue on 80 past Micaville (small transit section on 19E that links them) there is another awesome section. If you do that and still have time then hit 261 just North of there (past Bakersville) and go over Roan Mountain (the road number changes to 143 when you cross over into TN). When you hit 19E at the end make a right, take that down to 194s, and then cross through Newland and jump on 221s for a short bit to 181 which is a fun road that drops you back down to Morganton/I40.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Yeah that section is the "Devils Whip," I've done it a bunch. If you continue on 80 past Micaville (small transit section on 19E that links them) there is another awesome section. If you do that and still have time then hit 261 just North of there (past Bakersville) and go over Roan Mountain (the road number changes to 143 when you cross over into TN). When you hit 19E at the end make a right, take that down to 194s, and then cross through Newland and jump on 221s for a short bit to 181 which is a fun road that drops you back down to Morganton/I40.
I know 80 well. We visit family in Celo every summer. Great roads for sure. Never knew the Devils Whip name though. I’ve only driven 261 out and back one time going to Roan mountain.

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
40F53B87-E51F-4927-9D6F-55F8A3D607C8.jpeg

Had a parking buddy at lunch today!! Really scoped out that roof rack 😶‍🌫️

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I’m planning on going to C&C Charlotte tomorrow. Hope to see some of ya’ll there!

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
The Wendy’s in Marion has been our last stop when we come to the mountains for the past decade. No GTI but I did bring my bikes!

Attachments

• D6FAD3AC-5E6F-494C-BE71-37B91D78DC27.jpeg
    D6FAD3AC-5E6F-494C-BE71-37B91D78DC27.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 88

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
To the Cornflower Blue facelift that ran with me on 540 near Briar Creek, believe or not, that little accord was v quick. Still did us proud from an 80 roll though.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
I just signed up for the afternoon event on Aug 14th at Rockingham. I see one other GTI, a 2016 2 door driven by Jay Weikel. Anyone else joining?

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
Anyone here planning on going to Eurofest in Maggie Valley, NC? August 21st.

https://www.southeasteuromotorsports.com/eurofestmv.html

Whoa, didn't know anything about that. Looks fun. My wife and I often attend VWs In The Valley (also in Maggie Valley at the same venue) each September.

About Eurofest, what kind of crowd does it attract? I ask because years ago we used to attend SOWO in Helen, GA until the event became overwhelmed with drunks and general idiocy, culminating in the cancellation of the event until recently. I'd guess that Eurofest attracts a better caliber of people.

Last edited: