GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Nc gti where are you at?

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Anyone from this group going to SoWo in Maggie Valley?
11665B4F-88AF-4760-A9E5-615FAD39F049.jpeg

Gti7743

Car(s)
Mk7 gti
Congrats! I’m not too far away in Clover, SC and work at CLT

Car looks good. Very clean. Is there an active scene in Charlotte?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Car looks good. Very clean. Is there an active scene in Charlotte?

Thanks!

Cars n coffee (1k or more cars normally attend) and shows have been canceled for almost a year now, but smaller meets, street racing, and track days are still alive and well. Invite only events are becoming popular to avoid anyone from giving any grief although I’ve rarely heard of anything being broken up.

Occasionally I organize a back road drive or indoor karting event. For the most part I’m too busy in the shop to do much else anyway.

Gti7743

Car(s)
Mk7 gti
Thanks!

Cars n coffee (1k or more cars normally attend) and shows have been canceled for almost a year now, but smaller meets, street racing, and track days are still alive and well. Invite only events are becoming popular to avoid anyone from giving any grief although I’ve rarely heard of anything being broken up.

Occasionally I organize a back road drive or indoor karting event. For the most part I’m too busy in the shop to do much else anyway.

I knew about the Cars and Coffee events and bigger events. I was more asking about the VW/GTI scene? I see a few gti's running around but no local owners/enthusiasts clubs.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I knew about the Cars and Coffee events and bigger events. I was more asking about the VW/GTI scene? I see a few gti's running around but no local owners/enthusiasts clubs.

Theres Friends of Chapter 11 Dubs on FB, but with Covid the admins haven’t been allowing any official meets (they had weekly or biweekly gtg till 2020).

Any other time they cruise to shows together, like BFI Oktoberfest (cancelled in 2020), alpine VAG fair, Sowo, Wookies in the Woods, etc.

Some local shops have gtg, Sugar Creek Brewing and EuroFed, Eurowise, DAP, GMP.

A lot of guys from the forums local and from all over the east coast have been to my shop, although I don’t do any large gatherings since it is at my house. But if you wanna check it out sometimes a few local mk7 guys will stop by to talk cars and have a beer.

Gti7743

Car(s)
Mk7 gti
Theres Friends of Chapter 11 Dubs on FB, but with Covid the admins haven’t been allowing any official meets (they had weekly or biweekly gtg till 2020).

Any other time they cruise to shows together, like BFI Oktoberfest (cancelled in 2020), alpine VAG fair, Sowo, Wookies in the Woods, etc.

Some local shops have gtg, Sugar Creek Brewing and EuroFed, Eurowise, DAP, GMP.

A lot of guys from the forums local and from all over the east coast have been to my shop, although I don’t do any large gatherings since it is at my house. But if you wanna check it out sometimes a few local mk7 guys will stop by to talk cars and have a beer.
Thanks for the info. That is exactly what I was looking for. I'd love to come by the shop and talk cars & brew

Last edited:

averyislost

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI S
Any one on here from the North Charlotte area? I'm in Huntersville. Just picked up this 2017 se

Nice Hypergrams! Had a set on my old Fiesta ST, awesome price for such a lightweight wheel.

I just moved up to Concord, NC. Nice change of pace from the hustle and bustle of living near uptown Charlotte.

Gti7743

Car(s)
Mk7 gti
Nice Hypergrams! Had a set on my old Fiesta ST, awesome price for such a lightweight wheel.

I just moved up to Concord, NC. Nice change of pace from the hustle and bustle of living near uptown Charlotte.
Thanks. I think they are the perfect wheel for this set up. Not too flashy and not too boring. Lol