GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NBA Thread?

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion

EMaster24

Ready to race!
If Durant wants to go to DC and OKC knows it... do they/should they trade him before he is a free agent? I say yes and yes, but it there is always a chance he would change his mind and resign, so they would be killing that. Just think what LA would do if they thought they could have a chance at KD the last year of his contract. They would assume that they could win him over long term over that year. I can't even imagine what OKC could get for Durant at this point... but it would be enough to keep them playoff-relevant, that's for sure

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
If Durant wants to go to DC and OKC knows it... do they/should they trade him before he is a free agent? I say yes and yes, but it there is always a chance he would change his mind and resign, so they would be killing that. Just think what LA would do if they thought they could have a chance at KD the last year of his contract. They would assume that they could win him over long term over that year. I can't even imagine what OKC could get for Durant at this point... but it would be enough to keep them playoff-relevant, that's for sure

A lot of teams would/should trade OKC assets for Durant's contract even for just one year.

EMaster24

Ready to race!
A lot of teams would/should trade OKC assets for Durant's contract even for just one year.

Not many would realistically pull it off, though. Small market teams with ~0% chance of resigning him would be basically throwing away their future (3 years? maybe more?) for an early exit in the playoffs, and only 1 year of that. Durant is an incredible player, but by himself he isn't dragging a team very far, given that the team just traded everything away to get him. (See Knicks, New York - when they traded for Melo)

Bigger market teams that have more leverage, though.. where they can afford to throw away their future because they can just clear space and sign free agents in the next summer; those are the few teams that I think would go for it. Both LA teams and New York are the three that I think could stomach the cost of trading for a Durant

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
I'm looking squarely at Chicago, Miami, Knicks, and Sacramento. Would Lebron forget all about Kevin Love if he had a chance to play with Durant instead?

EMaster24

Ready to race!
I'm looking squarely at Chicago, Miami, Knicks, and Sacramento. Would Lebron forget all about Kevin Love if he had a chance to play with Durant instead?

First 3 teams, I could see being in the Durant hunt. Why Sacramento though? Even if they did get Durant for a year rental, what would make them think they could talk him into staying?

And yes I think LeBron would bolt to play with Durant. After the media calms down and if his homecoming party ends with no championship the first 2 years, he will start to feel the pressure again. And in order to win more... I think he would leave and join Durant. They both have 2 years left on their contracts...

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
Really? Wow.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
It's gonna be a two horse race in the East between the Cavs and Wizards.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
Wow, ESPN is calling it "gruesome" while even Deadspin put a "[Graphic]" tag in the headline.

LG3MK6

Ready to race!
Yeah it's a pretty nasty injury. They cancelled the scrimmage after that.