GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Native FlexFuel adaptation without ethanol/FF sensor

k0mpresd1

Passed Driver's Ed
been testing this for a little while now. i think i finally have it working.

native sensor-less flexfuel adaptation. :)

you can see the ecu adapting to all fuel types.
the first image showing only gasoline is immediately after flashing my test software with ONLY gasoline in the tank.

the bi-fuel on gasoline is with 3.5 gallons of sheetz flex fuel (e85-ish) and driving several miles.
the bi-fuel on ethanol adaptation is after driving about 10-15 miles with the 3.5 gal ethanol + 93oct.

2017 audi s3, simos 18.6 ecu. same as mk7 R.

Attachments

• 1200_gasonline.jpg
    1200_gasonline.jpg
    522.8 KB · Views: 1,215
  • 1200_bifuel.jpg
    1200_bifuel.jpg
    514.3 KB · Views: 1,051
  • 1200_ethanol.jpg
    1200_ethanol.jpg
    466.8 KB · Views: 1,100
Last edited:

rao

Passed Driver's Ed
How did you set this up? Looks a little like GM sensorless flex fuel at least in concept.

This is fascinating.

mattavince

Passed Driver's Ed
In for info if it'll be given. You should work with BMS to make it JB4 possible.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
not to sound rude, but you obviously do not understand how a jb4 works.
I could be wrong, but I'm thinking mattavince's hoping that whatever you're doing can be fed into the JB4 gauges/logs.

There's an E85 field in the JB4 logs, and newer firmware versions display estimated readings (unless it's hooked up to Fuel-It's ethanol content gauge kit, in which case it'll be accurate). The estimated readings are pretty useless; they go up and down during a drive due to the logic that BMS is using.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

k0mpresd1

Passed Driver's Ed
Can you have the ECU change boost and timing maps based on the ethanol value?

Can you have the ethanol content show up on the MFD??

this flex function is built into the ecu natively from the factory and works mostly as any properly designed flex system should. this includes accommodating for varying ethanol content and adjusting the final outcome (ignition, etc) accordingly.

Last edited:

k0mpresd1

Passed Driver's Ed
I could be wrong, but I'm thinking mattavince's hoping that whatever you're doing can be fed into the JB4 gauges/logs.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

not possible. the alcohol % display shown in vcds is using the factory configured alcohol % by the ecu. however, in stock form, this protocol is not enabled and therefore unavailable to be fed to any obd2 scan or other type tool (including jb4).

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
this flex function is built into the ecu natively from the factory and works mostly as any properly designed flex system should. this includes accommodating for varying ethanol content and adjusting the final outcome (ignition, etc) accordingly.

Is ign timing greatly affected by this or is it just fuel trims being adjusted