He does full tunes. This will be his special sauce.As others have asked, what can you do with this? Can you use it to adjust boost or timing? It’s neat and all but unless you have a use for it it’s pointless. Perhaps allows one to run flex fuel without added power benefits?
I did not see anything saying he can tune based on estimated ethanol content? Or sending the content to a guage, in fact he said he couldnt output/send content anywhere but this software. Maybe i missed it.
1. This is a flashed calibration setting. Not VCDS.1. Changes required via VCDS to enable this feature (anyone have the details?)
2. Once enabled you can run E blends safely. Does this also apply to an existing flash tune?
3. Doesn't give you any extra power just allows the ECU to adapt to run the new ethanol content safely. Engine still using the same torque request so no additional timing or boost applied.
4. Flash tune would be required to extract more power
So what I would love to get confirmation of is whether steps 1 can be applied safely to any car to effectively turn your car into a flex fuel car. Understanding that there would be limits to how much E you could put in before you maxed out the fuel system on a tuned car.
so is this done in vcds? this is the PID 52 mod that some people have been talking about
1. This is a flashed calibration setting. Not VCDS.
ok, gotcha. How does one enable it via the flash? My primary interest is being able to pop up the data on my polarfis and have it as a viewable piece of data in the built in display in the gauge clusterThis is possible to do with DIY oss tuning, hp tuners, etc. Again, not with VCDS (it can only monitor the PID once enabled in the calibration).