GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Nashville Folks

sandmangti

Go Kart Newbie
What shops would you recommend to install an aftermarket clutch?

I’ve gotten a couple quotes from European Motorworks in Mt. Juliet but they were high. As well, they refuse to install parts unless they purchase them.

Optimally, I plan to purchase the TTRS clutch parts myself and have a shop install the clutch along with the RMS. EM quoted over $2300 total.

Thoughts?

2017 Reflex Silver GTI

European Motorworks will do good work. On bringing your own parts. What did owner say? Why did he want to buy them? Did he not like what you purchased? I would understand him not wanting to install something that might not last. He is a GTI enthusiasts so not just a Master Mechanic. I will use them from now on. For my spring work I provided 034 Mounts and bolts. But he is an 034 dealer so might have been ok with my choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sandmangti

Go Kart Newbie
Jerry has done a lot of work for me and he’s a cool dude. I use the dealership for warranty work or German Motorworks if I need something else done, because they’re like 10 mins away.

Sent from Winterfell using Ravens.

Wish he was 10min from me. A good hours drive. Have to drop and get a rental.

Cool Hand Pete

Ready to race!
European Motorworks will do good work. On bringing your own parts. What did owner say? Why did he want to buy them? Did he not like what you purchased? I would understand him not wanting to install something that might not last. He is a GTI enthusiasts so not just a Master Mechanic. I will use them from now on. For my spring work I provided 034 Mounts and bolts. But he is an 034 dealer so might have been ok with my choice.

Johnny (at EM) told me the owner wanted to buy them. The prices were higher than FCP’s, so I don’t know if they like to use their own vendors or what.

I just want the work to be done right, and at a good price.

2017 Reflex Silver GTI

Revolver66

Go Kart Champion
What shops would you recommend to install an aftermarket clutch?

I’ve gotten a couple quotes from European Motorworks in Mt. Juliet but they were high. As well, they refuse to install parts unless they purchase them.

Optimally, I plan to purchase the TTRS clutch parts myself and have a shop install the clutch along with the RMS. EM quoted over $2300 total.

Thoughts?

2017 Reflex Silver GTI

That’s odd. He installed a clutch pack I bought 3 years ago for my Mk6’s DSG.

Sent from Winterfell using Ravens.

FST_NML

Yes, I've been told by his employees that he doesn't install outside parts. Maybe he doesn't want to install something that wouldn't fit right or wouldn't last, although I don't know why he wouldn't if you accept to take all responsibilities if it goes south 🤷‍♂️

On another topic, any recommendation for a shop that does alignment with aftermarket suspension, especially if want to have some camber up front? I have ST XTA coilovers on, not sure if that matters. I asked GPO and they do, but I like options.

Revolver66

Go Kart Champion
Yes, I've been told by his employees that he doesn't install outside parts. Maybe he doesn't want to install something that wouldn't fit right or wouldn't last, although I don't know why he wouldn't if you accept to take all responsibilities if it goes south 🤷‍♂️

On another topic, any recommendation for a shop that does alignment with aftermarket suspension, especially if want to have some camber up front? I have ST XTA coilovers on, not sure if that matters. I asked GPO and they do, but I like options.
Try German Motorworks. They just moved to beautiful new shop!

FST_NML

Try German Motorworks. They just moved to beautiful new shop!
So I called them, and the dude on the phone told me they don't work on VW??? I didn't ask about the alignment stuff but a DSG oil change since mine is coming up soon, he asked what car and said they only work on Bentley and <something else I don't remember> .

I just checked their website and VW/Audi is indeed not on the list of makes they service.