GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Nashville Folks

FST_NML

Nashville Cars and Coffee is in Cool Springs, parking lot of the AMC Dine in cinema. It’s not every Saturday like Revolver said though, it’s every first Saturday of the month :) come out if you can, it’s pretty fun. There’s a mobile dyno there, $75 for 3 runs I think.

Join request sent for Dubs of Nashville

Revolver66

Go Kart Champion
Nashville Cars and Coffee is in Cool Springs, parking lot of the AMC Dine in cinema. It’s not every Saturday like Revolver said though, it’s every first Saturday of the month :) come out if you can, it’s pretty fun. There’s a mobile dyno there, $75 for 3 runs I think.

Join request sent for Dubs of Nashville

It's every Saturday. The first Saturday of the month is Supercar Saturday where more sponsors and a larger number of people show up.

Sent from my iPad using the Internet

FST_NML

Huh, you are actually correct and I was wrong. TIL :)
How is the crowd on the regular saturdays? I’ve only attended the first one of the month.

Revolver66

Go Kart Champion
Huh, you are actually correct and I was wrong. TIL :)
How is the crowd on the regular saturdays? I’ve only attended the first one of the month.

I have been to a few mid-month dates, once in April when MotoMan was in town. The showing is probably as good as many small town car shows.
During the summer I would expect it to be 1/2-3/4 the crowd of Supercar Saturday.

Sent by raven from Castle Black

sloppyGTI

Silly Rabit
Ride
2019 VW gti autobahn
I have been to a few mid-month dates, once in April when MotoMan was in town. The showing is probably as good as many small town car shows.
During the summer I would expect it to be 1/2-3/4 the crowd of Supercar Saturday.

Sent by raven from Castle Black

Looks like I’ll try to make it then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hotchicken

Ready to race!
I’m in Franklin. My 17 R needs a clutch. Tuned so it’s gotta be a performance deal. Thinking European Autowerks only they’re in Mt. Juliet. Is there anyone in Franklin or south Nashville you all know who could knock that out for me?

Last edited:

hotchicken

Ready to race!
Ended up having European Autoworks in Mt. Juliet install the new South Bend Stage 2 Endurance clutch. Jerry was great, and took time to help me understand what went wrong with the old HS Tuning clutch that only lasted 24K miles (they installed the clutch disk backwards!). Ring him up! Much more reasonable on labor rates and time charged than the local competition.

Cool Hand Pete

Ready to race!
Ended up having European Autoworks in Mt. Juliet install the new South Bend Stage 2 Endurance clutch. Jerry was great, and took time to help me understand what went wrong with the old HS Tuning clutch that only lasted 24K miles (they installed the clutch disk backwards!). Ring him up! Much more reasonable on labor rates and time charged than the local competition.

What was the install cost for the clutch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandman GTI

Go Kart Champion
He does good work. Worth the trip.
And he is a Stage 2 tuned GTI owner.
Enthusiast and Master Mechanic.

FST_NML

He does good work. Worth the trip.
And he is a Stage 2 tuned GTI owner.
Enthusiast and Master Mechanic.
Are you talking about the white MK7 outside of his shop? I thought that belonged to a friend of his. I believe I saw a Stage 2+ badge, meaning it has an IS38. Jerry did promise me a ride in it next time I go there :)

Revolver66

Go Kart Champion
Jerry has done a lot of work for me and he’s a cool dude. I use the dealership for warranty work or German Motorworks if I need something else done, because they’re like 10 mins away.

Sent from Winterfell using Ravens.

Sandman GTI

Go Kart Champion
Are you talking about the white MK7 outside of his shop? I thought that belonged to a friend of his. I believe I saw a Stage 2+ badge, meaning it has an IS38. Jerry did promise me a ride in it next time I go there :)
Not sure who owns it but on my first visit he pulled it around front.
Looks similar to mine. He asked if I wanted to go for a ride.
A quick ride it was, and I was praying the brakes had some upgrades also.
He trouble shoots well and approaches issues by investigating first. Not guessing and changing parts. Since the visit my stage 1 TCU/ECU has done well.
Unitronic is a good choice. Need to line up the next visit soon.

Wonder if he works on Ford 2.3L Turbo's?

Cool Hand Pete

Ready to race!
What shops would you recommend to install an aftermarket clutch?

I’ve gotten a couple quotes from European Motorworks in Mt. Juliet but they were high. As well, they refuse to install parts unless they purchase them.

Optimally, I plan to purchase the TTRS clutch parts myself and have a shop install the clutch along with the RMS. EM quoted over $2300 total.

Thoughts?

2017 Reflex Silver GTI

Last edited: