GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NAR 2021 Maps Available for Download for MST2 (MIB2)

frozendr

Car(s)
Golf
I have 2022 for Discover Pro, if anyone is looking for those.
Could you please post a link ? I have a 2019 MIB2 system that can take the 2022 update, but cannot find the download. Thanks very much. I have 2020/2021 currently.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant

xxxxxx99 should work, but xxxxxxEE is the highest that you can go, AFAIK. Some use xxxxxxFF (as this is the highest HEX value), but there were some problems with this code. Not sure what was the reason.
Also not sure if VW MIB2 High (093xxxxx) is using separate codes for newer versions or does it use single code for all versions like MIB2 Standard with 094xxx08 that supports all updates that were released for this unit.

Just a fun fact.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
xxxxxx99 should work, but xxxxxxEE is the highest that you can go, AFAIK. Some use xxxxxxFF (as this is the highest HEX value), but there were some problems with this code. Not sure what was the reason.
Also not sure if VW MIB2 High (093xxxxx) is using separate codes for newer versions or does it use single code for all versions like MIB2 Standard with 094xxx08 that supports all updates that were released for this unit.

Just a fun fact.
I'm not sure about xxxxxxEE but I know for sure that xxxxxx99 works because that's what I have.

My MIB 2.5 came with 2018/19 maps and I originally had code 093xxx08. With that I could not update to the 2021 maps.

Once I had xxxxxx99 activated I was able to update to 2021. And then later to 2022.

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Yes... I'm about 95% sure that's because MIB 3, like MIB 1/2/2.5 Discover Pro, does not require an SD card, stores nav data internally.. All of the MIB 3 units I've seen lack SD card slots, so they would update maps using a thumb drive.

But I would expect the map format stayed the same so the 2022 file is just named MIB3. That being said, you can rename the archive to whatever you want.

If you open up the archive, I think they are two folders in there, named MIB1 and MIB2... Still, the entire content of the archive needs to go on whatever SD card you are going to use to update.

frozendr

Car(s)
Golf
I am assuming when you say "can take the 2022 update" you mean you have Discover Pro and you have the FEC (09310099) for lifetime maps...

This should work I think, someone let me know... https://mega.nz/file/AkoyTAzD#szYvtuxqbsSMgJyZMgqSWgWCWD4ZIvV1c4MD40q6jP4
I actually have a 2019 Audi A4 with MIB2 and FEC 0231002c (good for up to 2022 maps but which Audi US no longer allows to be downloaded from their site by the end user). I have already upgraded to 2020/2021 maps courtesy of someone who was able to download from the Audi Canada site but would like to get the most current the system can take. I had been told that the Discover pro was the same system internally and the VW and Audi map data was interchangeable although it seems this may not be correct and it may be the MIB3 system (MMI touch?) instead judging by the size of the download.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I actually have a 2019 Audi A4 with MIB2 and FEC 0231002c (good for up to 2022 maps but which Audi US no longer allows to be downloaded from their site by the end user). I have already upgraded to 2020/2021 maps courtesy of someone who was able to download from the Audi Canada site but would like to get the most current the system can take. I had been told that the Discover pro was the same system internally and the VW and Audi map data was interchangeable although it seems this may not be correct and it may be the MIB3 system (MMI touch?) instead judging by the size of the download.
They are interchangeable. If you have Discover Pro these are the right maps. The 2021 file size was about 11GB, the 2022 size is over 20GB. There are lots of little roads on the 2022 maps that were not present on 2021 maps, things like neighborhood alleys and parking lot paths.

In fact the map graphics for VW, Audi, Porsche and Bentley are all present in the navigation files... I'm rocking with the Audi graphics in my VW 😛
https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/what-did-you-do-to-your-mk7-today.316916/post-7876388

Last edited:

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
So I can get maps for North Africa, but North America?!? Fucking Volkswagen
Yeah, I don't understand it... I can go to the website right now and download maps all over the world for our cars... As long as that doesn't include North America. And that's at no cost.

If VWoA decided they wanted to make some money off of navigation updates and charge $150 a pop It would suck but would be infinitely better than what we have now. You're not going to find many people that want to update every year for that price but every two or three years so they're not missing new roads or highways, that's an easy sell.

frozendr

Car(s)
Golf
They are interchangeable. If you have Discover Pro these are the right maps. The 2021 file size was about 11GB, the 2022 size is over 20GB. There are lots of little roads on the 2022 maps that were not present on 2021 maps, things like neighborhood alleys and parking lot paths.

In fact the map graphics for VW, Audi, Porsche and Bentley are all present in the navigation files... I'm rocking with the Audi graphics in my VW 😛
https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/what-did-you-do-to-your-mk7-today.316916/post-7876388
I have the non-touch Audi MMI (MIB2) currently (which I am told uses Discover Pro maps, but untested, looking on this forum as I have struck out elsewhere). Thanks for this info. I have hope again. I will definitely test this and report back. It will either work or “no valid update found”.

Attachments

• E2F7A4D9-F8B4-4760-AFF7-E893640F3FB9.jpeg
    E2F7A4D9-F8B4-4760-AFF7-E893640F3FB9.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 97

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
Audi MMI (MIB2) currently
You might have MIB2 High (MHI2/MHI2Q) which is using Discover Pro maps or MIB2 High Scale (MH2S) which is using separate type of maps. You can check it in hidden menu. There will be SW Train of your unit which starts with MHI2 or with MH2S.

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Anybody have a copy of the V10 (5NA919866AQ) maps they'd be willing to share? Discovered today that the V11 (5NA919866BF) maps for my city are wildly inaccurate, but the V6 (3G0919866BP) maps look okay. Trying to figure out what the latest version is that doesn't introduce the inaccuracies in V11 (figured I'd start with V10 and work my way backwards from there; cc: @geokilla )

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Anybody have a copy of the V10 (5NA919866AQ) maps they'd be willing to share? Discovered today that the V11 (5NA919866BF) maps for my city are wildly inaccurate, but the V6 (3G0919866BP) maps look okay. Trying to figure out what the latest version is that doesn't introduce the inaccuracies in V11 (figured I'd start with V10 and work my way backwards from there; cc: @geokilla )
I'll have to look through my SD card graveyard, haha. I might have V10, and I'm almost positive I have V9 that I could share.