GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NAR 2021 Maps Available for Download for MST2 (MIB2)

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I would love to see pic of the map details to add this info to mib-helper, if that’s okay
I have this bad picture, I can get a picture of everything later...
Screenshot_20230101-060846.png

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
I have 2022 for Discover Pro, if anyone is looking for those.
May you extract and upload them? Since you're based in USA and they're NAR maps, should work with all MK7 and MK7.5 cars, if not other VWs with MIB2 installed as well.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
May you extract and upload them? Since you're based in USA and they're NAR maps, should work with all MK7 and MK7.5 cars, if not other VWs with MIB2 installed as well.
I can upload them, and will (finally force me to figure out how to use Mega 🤔). But these are Discover Pro maps. To my knowledge the only Mk7/7.5 in NAR that came with Discover Pro was the 2019 e-Golf Premium (came with the 9.2" screen and Disco Pro). If your unit requires a navigation data SD card then you have Discover Navigation and these aren't the maps for your unit.

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
I can upload them, and will (finally force me to figure out how to use Mega 🤔). But these are Discover Pro maps. To my knowledge the only Mk7/7.5 in NAR that came with Discover Pro was the 2019 e-Golf Premium (came with the 9.2" screen and Disco Pro). If your unit requires a navigation data SD card then you have Discover Navigation and these aren't the maps for your unit.
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure all the NA 2016+ MK7/7.5 R's have discover pro (ie no sd card for maps but use built in ssd drive). I know my 2017 R doesn't have an sd card for the maps.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure all the NA 2016+ MK7/7.5 R's have discover pro (ie no sd card for maps but use built in ssd drive). I know my 2017 R doesn't have an sd card for the maps.
Ohhh interesting, I guess no one is replacing those things because NAR Discover Pro used units are always hard to find. Or could be a Canada market thing, some things are a bit different.
My 2019 NAR has an SD card for the maps
That is what I recall... I sat in a 2019 in the dealer one time, and may have checked the glovebox looking for an SD card part number ;), I had Discover Navigation at the time.

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
Do you have the 9.2"? I don't recall a NA Golf having 9.2". I'm fairly sure all Golf MK7 sold in NA are Discover Pro. I remember looking into this a long time ago.

You can always upload them to your Google Drive or Apple iCloud if you got the space.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Do you have the 9.2"? I don't recall a NA Golf having 9.2". I'm fairly sure all Golf MK7 sold in NA are Discover Pro. I remember looking into this a long time ago.

You can always upload them to your Google Drive or Apple iCloud if you got the space.
Yes I have the 9.2, but my car didn't come with it... my stupid MIB journey, on a 2015 Golf TDI S, includes basically everything ever offered (NA and ROW), haha...
MIB I (non-nav, 5.8" matte) > MIB II (non-nav, 6.5" matte) > MIB II (Discover Nav, 8" matte) > 8" glass > MIB 2.5 (Discover Pro, 9.2" glass)

You're incorrect about all Golf Mk7 sold in NA being Discover Pro. AFAIK only the 2019+ e-Golf SEL Premium got the 9.2. Everyone in this thread trying to get an update to work on their SD card has Discover Navigation, not Pro.

Discover Pro has nothing to do with the screen unless you're talking about the 9.2, which is MIB 2.5, which is Discover Pro only. Discover Pro units do not require a navigation SD card, the navigation data is stored internally. Every car that has (or came with) a navigation SD card is Discover Navigation, not Discover Pro. In fact my MIB 2.5 main unit didn't come with an SD card at all but has 2018/2019 maps on it fresh out of the box (ordered new, from my local dealer).

For a Golf R with AID (or any Mk7 with AID retrofit), if you cannot show the factory navigation in the AID and on the main display at the same time... that's also Discover Navigation and not Pro. In addition, you can update Discover Pro navigation using any SD card... none of this thread really applies to Discover Pro. I updated using the first SD card I found in my desk drawer. Anyway... I've got it uploading to Mega right now, it's about 22GB. I tried uploading it to Google Drive once before... it was taking forever.

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
Yes I have the 9.2, but my car didn't come with it... my stupid MIB journey, on a 2015 Golf TDI S, includes basically everything ever offered (NA and ROW), haha...
MIB I (non-nav, 5.8" matte) > MIB II (non-nav, 6.5" matte) > MIB II (Discover Nav, 8" matte) > 8" glass > MIB 2.5 (Discover Pro, 9.2" glass)

You're incorrect about all Golf Mk7 sold in NA being Discover Pro. AFAIK only the 2019+ e-Golf SEL Premium got the 9.2. Everyone in this thread trying to get an update to work on their SD card has Discover Navigation, not Pro.

Discover Pro has nothing to do with the screen unless you're talking about the 9.2, which is MIB 2.5, which is Discover Pro only. Discover Pro units do not require a navigation SD card, the navigation data is stored internally. Every car that has (or came with) a navigation SD card is Discover Navigation, not Discover Pro. In fact my MIB 2.5 main unit didn't come with an SD card at all but has 2018/2019 maps on it fresh out of the box (ordered new, from my local dealer).

For a Golf R with AID (or any Mk7 with AID retrofit), if you cannot show the factory navigation in the AID and on the main display at the same time... that's also Discover Navigation and not Pro. In addition, you can update Discover Pro navigation using any SD card... none of this thread really applies to Discover Pro. I updated using the first SD card I found in my desk drawer. Anyway... I've got it uploading to Mega right now, it's about 22GB. I tried uploading it to Google Drive once before... it was taking forever.
So would my friend's 2021 GLI be considered Discover Pro then? It's an 8" MIB2 unit but it doesn't have the SD card. Unless VW still kept it as Discover Navigation but got rid of the SD card by expanding the internal storage.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
So would my friend's 2021 GLI be considered Discover Pro then? It's an 8" MIB2 unit but it doesn't have the SD card. Unless VW still kept it as Discover Navigation but got rid of the SD card by expanding the internal storage.
I know nothing about any GLI's... but screen size doesn't matter. You could have Discover Pro MIB2 with a 6" matte screen on a 2016 GTI if you buy a Discover Pro main unit.

The lack of needed SD card is generally the easiest way to separate Disco Nav from Disco Pro. There are other ways too but they are less obvious.

GLIs may very well come with Disco Pro, I have no idea. But if a unit needs the SD card it's not Pro.

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
I know nothing about any GLI's... but screen size doesn't matter. You could have Discover Pro MIB2 with a 6" matte screen on a 2016 GTI if you buy a Discover Pro main unit.

The lack of needed SD card is generally the easiest way to separate Disco Nav from Disco Pro. There are other ways too but they are less obvious.

GLIs may very well come with Disco Pro, I have no idea. But if a unit needs the SD card it's not Pro.
Could be MIB3 potentially? The last model year 7.5 GTI (2021 for NAR) has the 8" screen same as any facelift model, but is MIB3 (telltale sign is the unit in the glovebox has no SD card slots, or a CD/DVD slot; totally flat front.)

Can confirm the facelift e-Golf got the 9.2" screen and AID; saw one in for service at my local dealer once:

IMG_4914.jpeg