GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NAR 2021 Maps Available for Download for MST2 (MIB2)

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
Does this work in the MIB2's that store the data on the device itself (not on an SD card)? Pretty sure my 2017 R doesn't use the SD card for maps but will double check.

parapraxis24

Vdubber
Car(s)
MK7.5 Autobahn DSG
Updating now. I snapped a few pictures of POIs on the existing maps, 3 of the 5 nearest restaurants don't exist anymore, so it should be easy to see if these are actually updated maps.

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
Does this work in the MIB2's that store the data on the device itself (not on an SD card)? Pretty sure my 2017 R doesn't use the SD card for maps but will double check.
I don’t believe this will work for those (Discover Pro’s). Did Canada get that option?

Updating now. I snapped a few pictures of POIs on the existing maps, 3 of the 5 nearest restaurants don't exist anymore, so it should be easy to see if these are actually updated maps.
It definitely varies, I drove to my hometown a few weeks ago and there was a restaurant showing on the map that closed more than 10 years ago 😂

parapraxis24

Vdubber
Car(s)
MK7.5 Autobahn DSG
They're definitely updated, I'm just not sure how updated lol. The closed restaurants no longer show, but now there are other closed restaurants that show up on the list.

This really goes to show how much better CarPlay and Android Auto are. It's too bad that VW doesn't support secondary display info to push media/directions to the cluster.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
@ecsta check my post on the first page... if your unit does not require the SD card then you have Discover Pro. It uses different maps... I'll send you a link to the 2022 Discover Pro maps and you can give them a try.

FWIW, the 2022 Discover Pro maps are over 20GB, compared with about 11GB for 2021 Discover Pro maps. The biggest change I noticed is a lot more mapping of non roads, think parking lots, alleys in neighborhoods, etc. An easy one for me is that giant Costco parking lot is now "mapped" where it wasn't in my 2016, 2018, or 2020 maps. That Costco was there when I moved to LA 5 years ago and (the parking lot) didn't make it into the maps until this year.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I can confirm the maps are new, last weekend I searched for a restaurant POI which didn't exist in my navigation, but now does. My unit is MIB2 which requires the VW SD card inserted at all times to get navigation information. I simply put the SD in my computer, copy/pasted what was already on the SD card on to my computer in case I needed to revert back to the original, then copied/pasted the new "map" folder in to the root of the SD card.

Original version:
Navigation Database: 3G0919866BP
NAR 2018

Updated to this version:
Navigation Database: 5NA919866AQ
NAR 2020/21

Has anybody messed with the files in the MQB_Solutions or Firmware folders on the MIB Solution website? In the folder "MQB_Solution/DELPHI/Firmware/VW" I found file MST2_US_VW_P0867D_MU0867, and according to the information on my radio, my software is 0867, so I'm wondering if this folder contains updated firmware that can be flash (0870 found in the same folder).

golgothjim

Car(s)
GOLF VII 150
Bonjour,
je suis nouveau ici :)
Pourriez-vous m'aider s'il vous plait ?
Mon appareil est : 3Q0035846
Matériel : H24
Logiciel : 0241
Version du logiciel train installé : MST2_EU_VW_ZR_P0241T

Quelqu'un pourrait-il m'envoyer un firmware le plus récent avec quelques petites indications pour la mise à jour ?
Merci d'avance:)

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
My Google Drive links still work
Thanks, I got it to download. You may want to check the files. My antivirus picked up this:

Screenshot (15).png

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
Thanks, I got it to download. You may want to check the files. My antivirus picked up this:
It's most likely a false positive. Windows Defender didn't pick anything up. I haven't used Kaspersky in years.

Urlik

Go Kart Newbie
The link works for me but it is a slow download. No antivirus warning either.

The original SD card does not have an autorun file in the root directory like the zip file does. I assume this does not have to be copied over from the zip file just like the _MACOSX folder?

Edit: I did not unzip and move the autorun file or _MACOSX folder to the original VW SD card, only the maps folder. I dleted the old files after backing them up and did not bother reformatting the card. The new maps work! Thanks!! Installed on my 2016 Golf R

Last edited:

iceorbital

Passed Driver's Ed
Has anybody messed with the files in the MQB_Solutions or Firmware folders on the MIB Solution website? In the folder "MQB_Solution/DELPHI/Firmware/VW" I found file MST2_US_VW_P0867D_MU0867, and according to the information on my radio, my software is 0867, so I'm wondering if this folder contains updated firmware that can be flash (0870 found in the same folder).
Did you give it a try?

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R