GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NAR 2021 Maps Available for Download for MST2 (MIB2)

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
yeah fortunately for this database at least, there are no cheesy placeholder pictures of genre or the artists, it seems that if it doesn’t have that particular album then it’s blank.

what would be really cool is to write a program that takes all your Spotify/whatever playlists, gets the album art, then inserts that into the database. who knows maybe that already exists.
Just need a strong nerd to decipher the gracenote database I suppose... then yea, write a script of some type to import.

Waaayyyy off topic: Back in the pre everything online/streaming days I had a Zune (and since we're all friends here, I do still have it). It would show embedded album art but it did not have to be the standard 200x200/500x500/1000x1000 size. So I was (and still am) picky about my media metadata so added album art to my entire (stolen music) mp3 collection. Well... years later those wonky sized images do not play well with anything that shows album art... it really made me upset when trying to use the coverflow-like display on our cars with music on SD cards. Some art would show, then some would just have a music note, then some seemed to pull from the Gracenote database (but I assume only if my mp3 tags exactly matched), ugghhh. It was so annoying that I threw away the SD card :LOL:.

brentgti

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
I just downloaded the file "P376_N60S5MIBH3_NAR_NT_Q3.23_2024-2025_02310036 FULL" and I was disappointed to see that it only contains USA maps.

But also it only contains a folder called "Mib1" and no "MiB2" folder like it says in the metainfo file.
That's odd. There's also a document with a link to another platform so maybe that one has everything correct. I haven't had a chance to download from either so fingers crossed that the other one is correct with MIB2 and Canada.

git443

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2020 e-Golf
That's odd. There's also a document with a link to another platform so maybe that one has everything correct. I haven't had a chance to download from either so fingers crossed that the other one is correct with MIB2 and Canada.
I tried them all. The only one with Canada maps is "P336_N60S5MIBH3_NAR_2023-2024"

I downloaded all these:
1708645507220.png

P370 is Europe maps.

The other remaining 2 both don't have a Mib1 folder. "P356_N60S5MIBH3_NAR_V03959803AR_0356_2024_02310034" only has Alaska maps :LOL:

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
I had issues with the P356 zip that was hosted on mibsolution, it was corrupted somehow. I just downloaded the 2024/2025 one from Mega and it has both the folders Mib1 and Mib2. and I believe it has Canada too. there are "CAN_east_nar" and "CAN_west_nar" folders inside.

Samb

Car(s)
Golf MK7
Hello,

Need help please.

I downloaded the "P350_N60S5MIBH3_EU.7z" file from Volkswagen's website/MIB-Helper - for Discover Pro Nav MIB1 (MHIG).

The downloaded files included the MIB1 and MIB2 directories, as well as the third (some information) folder.

Downloaded onto an NTFS-formatted USB stick. Unzipped and transferred to USB.

At first, the file would not be recognised or read. The file is now detected, however it appears as N/A, and no action can be taken.

Is the 2024 file too new and not compatible with MHIG, or is the MIB1 HIGH NAV DATABASE incompatible with the new maps file accessible on the VW website?

(According to another forum user (Tell), this may be the case. Here is a link to the topic if you want to read the thread.

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/486625-columbus-map-update-2021-mib12-high/page/4/

Please view the attachments.

Furthermore, I had previously removed a VW MAPS SD CARD from a 2019 Passat discover media and inserted it into my MIB1 (MHIG/Pro Nav) SD card slot 1, which worked as intended. However, it now displays the following message: "The navigation data in the infotainment system is not valid. Please check data" and would not recognise it.

Attachments

• IMG_9262.jpeg
    IMG_9262.jpeg
    785.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9263.jpeg
    IMG_9263.jpeg
    475.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9261.jpeg
    IMG_9261.jpeg
    610.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9266.jpeg
    IMG_9266.jpeg