GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mystery part

Josefjay

Car(s)
2017 Golf R
I found this laying on the floor of my rear hatch yesterday. 2017 Golf R. Anybody know what it is? I found it just after discovering that the left side shelf stud had snapped off where the support string attaches. HELP!
IMG_1279.jpg

Shmito_R

Go Kart Champion
It’s the stud/anchor that goes on the other end of the support string to connect it to the hatch cover. You can super glue the broken stud on the other end or get the ecs hatch stud replacement kit.

Edit: seems like acorazza answered you seconds before me!

Josefjay

Car(s)
2017 Golf R
I see the part now on amazon. The other one must have fallen off without me noticing. The plastic piece that is left is big enough that it didn't pull through the shelf. Hopefully the new kit, which includes stainless steel wires instead of strings, will make it all good. Thanks for your help!

FrgMstr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
19 R 19 GTI 15 GTI
It think its one the bottoms of the cable/rope that attaches the parcel shelf so it moves up and down. If you look under the parcel shelf there should be one on the other side.
It’s the stud/anchor that goes on the other end of the support string to connect it to the hatch cover. You can super glue the broken stud on the other end or get the ecs hatch stud replacement kit.

Edit: seems like acorazza answered you seconds before me!
Found one of these last night in my newly purchased R and remembered seeing it on here, so I finally found the thread. Oddly enough, both of these are in place on the drop-down cargo cover in back. Is there someplace else these go, or did I just gen an extra?

VDubberinDE

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
Found one of these last night in my newly purchased R and remembered seeing it on here, so I finally found the thread. Oddly enough, both of these are in place on the drop-down cargo cover in back. Is there someplace else these go, or did I just gen an extra?
Just an extra probably dropped in assembly. Keep it as a spare.