GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mystery Dash Rattle

chriswilks303

Car(s)
VW golf mk 7.5
Hi all. I think I've solved my rattling sound on the driver's side.

There's an unsupported metal bar above the clutch and below the air vent. Whilst not being loose it did vibrate when the car was moving.
I made a quick video to show it.
I wrapped style fabric around it and used a few cable ties to it... Problem solved.
Hope it helps

Hazzer

Car(s)
Golf gti mk7.5
I even removed that piece but it was still there. Just found someone that said to check the connector with the wheel attached that holds the glovebox when open (this could be detached) but no luck.

Anybody else has an idea or found a solution? I just checked all my floor panels and the fuel lines but they were solid.
Hi has anyone found a solution for this yet?

garydc

Car(s)
GOLF MK7 GTD
Hi all. I think I've solved my rattling sound on the driver's side.

There's an unsupported metal bar above the clutch and below the air vent. Whilst not being loose it did vibrate when the car was moving.
I made a quick video to show it.
I wrapped style fabric around it and used a few cable ties to it... Problem solved.
Hope it helps
hi chris , i have a golf mk7 gtd , same issue noise as you had , how did you fix it ?

thanks
gary

chriswilks303

Car(s)
VW golf mk 7.5
hi chris , i have a golf mk7 gtd , same issue noise as you had , how did you fix it ?

thanks
gary
Hi, I made another video:

Basically, I wrapped it in a thick bundle of fabric and cable tied it to the bar.
I totally went away. Just be careful not to cover the air vent.

garydc

Car(s)
GOLF MK7 GTD
thank you chris , i twanged the bar that you covered with fabric , moved the steering wheel up and down a few times , been 2 days now and the noise has stopped , so far so good .

thanks
gary

chriswilks303

Car(s)
VW golf mk 7.5
thank you chris , i twanged the bar that you covered with fabric , moved the steering wheel up and down a few times , been 2 days now and the noise has stopped , so far so good .

thanks
gary
Happy to help. It's so frustrating to have a problem that no-one has solved. My fix has been in place for months now and no issues at all

garydc

Car(s)
GOLF MK7 GTD
if the noise comes back i will put the cloth around as you have , fingers crossed it wont , was so annoying (y)

Hans

Ready to race!
TLDR; It was my garage door opener on my sun visor.

Stumbled into this thread while researching my own rattle and found it. It sounded like it was coming from the center vent area and I had watched videos on how to remove all the trim to investigate; then this thread pointed me towards some other spots to check., Nothing fancy; a LiftMaster 3 button; just plastic shrinking a little with the cooler temps with causes the buttons and circuit board to vibrate a little. I plan to pack it with a little foam or paper to resolve.

khail19

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
TLDR; It was my garage door opener on my sun visor.

Stumbled into this thread while researching my own rattle and found it. It sounded like it was coming from the center vent area and I had watched videos on how to remove all the trim to investigate; then this thread pointed me towards some other spots to check., Nothing fancy; a LiftMaster 3 button; just plastic shrinking a little with the cooler temps with causes the buttons and circuit board to vibrate a little. I plan to pack it with a little foam or paper to resolve.

I had the same issue, I posted about it in another thread a while back. I spread a thin layer of brake caliper lube between the circuit board and the plastic cover, and it's dead silent now.