GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

my tuned GTI suffered a catastrophic engine failure...

Escape Hatch

Go Kart Champion
Yup, wife has known about every mod and dollar spent on the econo box and hasn't batted an eye. Great woman, friend, and mother. Been married 18 years and counting.

Genegenie

Go Kart Champion
My partner said v similar she said: "it's a bit expensive (other cars obv cheaper) but if it's what you want, then get it you'll be driving it", girlf doesn't drive, has no interest and I obv pay for the car. She almost 'blows it' but then 'brings it back'; "I don't see what the fuss is about, it's just a car :oops:". "It IS nice though :) :D", there it is....

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Yeah, I'd at least wait until you're above water in the new used one before you start modifying.
This guy seems sensible but don't rule out burning the candle at both ends just for the pure excitement that seat of your pants living enables.

Dnkltd

Went through same exact scenario at 15k miles. Fortunately, mine got covered by VW. Also had a tranny go out on a Stasis tuned Audi S4 prior to the GTI.
I’m at 70k now. Stock since repair. No more tunes going forward. Maybe just bad luck, but I’m done.

D.Gage

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
17 Gti
Went through same exact scenario at 15k miles. Fortunately, mine got covered by VW. Also had a tranny go out on a Stasis tuned Audi S4 prior to the GTI.
I’m at 70k now. Stock since repair. No more tunes going forward. Maybe just bad luck, but I’m done.
what tune did you have?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
My wife and I just passed 29 last month, over 30 years together. We've been through a lot and people still think we're newlyweds.

Escape Hatch

Go Kart Champion
My wife and I just passed 29 last month, over 30 years together. We've been through a lot and people still think we're newlyweds.
Get out of here with that liberal bullshit!

😁

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

D.Gage

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
17 Gti
Long story short, check engine light came on. Car started to sputter and misfire. Towed to dealership. All 4 plugs were wet of fuel. #2 had broken. #1 had 100% leak coming from the crank case & #2 had a 10% leak. 3 & 4 passed. They replaced the long block.
Not cool. Doesn’t necessarily sound like a tune problem though, sorry that happened.