GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My TPC20 Turbo Build... NOW TPC38BB Build

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
We should all know that not one is bullet proof. Pretty much everything fails sooner or later and at some point.

With that said, anybody know what's the most whp you can get from these TPC20 turbo's? I have some kid trying to tell me that his TPC20, on an E60 mix, is making 470 whp and I called bullshit and for him to show me a video of his dyno pull.

I believe him since I'm at 416HP on 93 octane. TPC's website shows a dyno on race fuel at about 480 HP. And mine was tuned when it was 107*.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
And Ed sent each and every individual with early failures a new turbo. Even those that had a failure that was due to installation error. Been reading through the the entire original EQT Vortex thread while waiting for my DV to arrive so the install can be finished.

I'm aware of that. Ed runs a first class business. I'm tuned by him.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
I'm aware of that. Ed runs a first class business. I'm tuned by him.

Ultimately, we don't have any numbers for either. From the limited amounts of posts I have seen, there are a fair number of TPC20s in the wild that are running great. I get people have opinions against them, but we can't make assumptions for one turbo or another being more failure prone.

There is a good chance we don't hear about 90% of good experiences or failures at the end of the day.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Why is that bullshit, check the tpc site for dyno results. they made 478whp on ms109 at 29psi with 9 degrees of timing. I was there that day and saw this with my own eyes. all on stock fuel system and stock map sensors.
sneeky is running some with upgraded fuel system and map sensors. i guarantee they are making 500+ whp

Because it's only an IS20 hybrid, that's why.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Because it's only an IS20 hybrid, that's why.
Well those numbers are essentially in line with standard vortex and that basically an is20 hybrid.

From eqts site - Vortex Standard: Pump - 400-440whp / Ethanol - 500-550whp *its safe to assume those value Windows are based on eqts dyno

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
this is another reason why I try to go with proven stuff, if i was doing my car again I'd go with an EQT turbo for sure, the way handled the early issues he had with the first batch of turbos back was first class, you pay for both the product and the customer service.

i see zero reason to get this tpc20 turbo when proven stuff like EQT vortex spools better and makes more power and comes with great customer service should something bad happen

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion
When you get the new one, sell it. This is a pattern, these turbos aren't reliable.

You're running the EQT XL, yea?

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion
i see zero reason to get this tpc20 turbo when proven stuff like EQT vortex spools better and makes more power and comes with great customer service should something bad happen

Nick from TPC has great customer service. I've never dealt with Ed so I can't compare but this is all getting handled under their warranty.

vw671

Autocross Newbie
Well those numbers are essentially in line with standard vortex and that basically an is20 hybrid.

From eqts site - Vortex Standard: Pump - 400-440whp / Ethanol - 500-550whp *its safe to assume those value Windows are based on eqts dyno

I made 539whp on a EQT Vortex std housing MAXED out on a Dynojet. I have not seen a higher one yet.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT

True and the vast majority of us on here know his dyno reads a bit high, just the general public doesn't know about that.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
I made 539whp on a EQT Vortex std housing MAXED out on a Dynojet. I have not seen a higher one yet.

Just curious how much boost and timing you were running?

Navi

Autocross Champion

damn just when i thought i found a thread without your dyno numbers posted in it