GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My TPC20 Turbo Build... NOW TPC38BB Build

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion
20200704_132625.jpg

This says 375ps\560nm I'll do the conversion in a bit but i think ft\lb of torque should be over 400

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion
I just looked at a dyno from TPC, it looks like the turbo just falls off up top on theirs as well. I do see they spool about 500rpm faster than yours though.
View attachment 178661

They are hitting peak torque around the same rpm I am... unsure about when they hit "full spool." Nick from TPC is saying that seeing peak TQ at 4500rpm seems correct based on the load of the dyno. Off the dyno, should be hitting peak TQ around 36-3800rpm.

Going to run another TPC20 GTI on Tuesday and see where I sit against him. If I fall flat on my face, I'll get a boost leak test and then if that comes back clean, then I'll chat with Fred from UM a bit to see what can be done.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
They are hitting peak torque around the same rpm I am... unsure about when they hit "full spool." Nick from TPC is saying that seeing peak TQ at 4500rpm seems correct based on the load of the dyno. Off the dyno, should be hitting peak TQ around 36-3800rpm.

Going to run another TPC20 GTI on Tuesday and see where I sit against him. If I fall flat on my face, I'll get a boost leak test and then if that comes back clean, then I'll chat with Fred from UM a bit to see what can be done.

On 2 different brands of dynos and by 2 different tuners my TPC20 hit peak torque at 4100 RPM.

Scan 0003.jpg

EQT Dyno result.jpg

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
This is pretty interesting. How do you feel about the LPFP?

Love mine over the last 2 years Put a new turboback on and its pretty much perfect on 93.

I would like to point a counter point to Navi, I would heavily disagree with the TPC20 being a "slightly" better Is38.

Everything is relative with tuning, mods, leaks, conditions.

It certainly takes time to get it perfect. I think I'm at 8-10 revisions via 5150/Cobb right now. These are cars sensitive enough that if the plugs aren't gapped just right your leaving power on the table.

Keep at it!

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

Love mine over the last 2 years Put a new turboback on and its pretty much perfect on 93.

I would like to point a counter point to Navi, I would heavily disagree with the TPC20 being a "slightly" better Is38.

It certainly takes time to get it perfect. I think I'm at 8-10 revisions via 5150/Cobb right now. These are cars sensitive enough that if the plugs aren't gapped just right your leaving power on the table.

Keep at it!

I don't have the LPFP. And I disagree also about the TPC20 being slightly better than the IS38. Unless +50 HP is only slightly better.

Navi

Autocross Champion

Keep at it!

have you retuned and fix boost leaks? Any recent dyno?

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion
Is it Navi? Throw his dragy in your car.
I ain't no narc

It certainly takes time to get it perfect. I think I'm at 8-10 revisions via 5150/Cobb right now. These are cars sensitive enough that if the plugs aren't gapped just right your leaving power on the table. Keep at it!
Hard to even notice the LPFP tbh. And I'll stay at it as long as UM is willing to revise their tune to get it "right." I've emailed Fred andCaste to get more of their input.

quoted for truth

Bastard.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I ain't no narc

Hard to even notice the LPFP tbh. And I'll stay at it as long as UM is willing to revise their tune to get it "right." I've emailed Fred andCaste to get more of their input.

Bastard.
Did you see the dyno charts I posted for you to show them?

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Is it Navi? Throw his dragy in your car.

Is it Navi? If it is, throw his dragy in your car, then throw four 50lb dumbells in his car. If you're not cheating, you're not trying hard enough.

Navi

Autocross Champion
Is it Navi? If it is, throw his dragy in your car, then throw four 50lb dumbells in his car. If you're not cheating, you're not trying hard enough.

fix jerry springers turbo. Review his logs.