OK. Final mods were as follows:

- TPC20 Stage 3
- Precision Raceworks 3.5 v2 LPFP
- Ultimate Racing Catted and Resonated Downpipe
- Vibrant Resonator replacing OEM resonator
- OEM catback
- RS7 Ignition Coils
- 1 step colder plugs

I was not able to be there for the tuning due to COVID restrictions.
I did NOT get a before tune.
I did NOT get a log of the dyno run.

I was tuned with United Motorsports at Caste System Performance in New Jersey.
Dyno used was a DynoJet.
Ambient temps were about 90-95º

On 93 pump gas, I put down 361.62whp/337.26wtq.
View attachment 178632

On "e22" as claimed by Tuner, I put down 377.98whp/353.56wtq.
View attachment 178633

That same dyno has an is38 tuned GTI putting down 358whp/375wtq. You can see the comparison to that is38 in the 1st dyno image. It's the one with the awesome torque curve. They were also tuned by UM.

Tuner is saying the turbo is "a pig."

Compared to my Stage 1+ Unitronic tune without a downpipe, this is a pretty massive improvement, but the dyno numbers and torque curve have me pretty perplexed.

You definitely need a new tuner. I have the TPC20 and on 91 octane plus Torco to get to 94 octane mine is 416 HP and 428 torque. Get a remote dyno tune from EQT.

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion
Is the IS38 comparison from same day? Ambient in the 90-95f range is a killer for stock location ICs. They get heatsoaked really fast.
Not same day. I do understand that makes a difference. But the massive difference in torque curve is surprising to me.

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion
You definitely need a new tuner. I have the TPC20 and on 91 octane plus Torco to get to 94 octane mine is 416 HP and 428 torque. Get a remote dyno tune from EQT.

I'd love to but i just spent a fortune on these UM tunes so I'd like them to see this and get their input.

I want to see other TPC20 Dyno charts to compare curves.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I'd love to but i just spent a fortune on these UM tunes so I'd like them to see this and get their input.

I've posted mine a few times but my dyno chart mirrors the one on the TPC website and close to identical numbers. I think TPC's website is still down while they convert to a new site.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
It’s UM... I wouldn’t jump to “get a new tuner” comments right away Lol. Plenty record cars are UM tuned. I was going to go UM but wasn’t really excited about the diggs style responses I would get from Fred in emails, lol. Plus the idea of Cobb APs having multiple tuner options is appealing.

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion
It’s UM... I wouldn’t jump to “get a new tuner” comments right away Lol. Plenty record cars are UM tuned. I was going to go UM but wasn’t really excited about the diggs style responses I would get from Fred in emails, lol. Plus the idea of Cobb APs having multiple tuner options is appealing.

Fred is pretty short in his responses lol

And like I mentioned, I'd love if Fred + Caste could dive in and see what else they can do to improve this tune before I would even consider jumping ship.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance

Get mpi and have them upgrade to a flexfuel tune since UM still seems to not tune for HPFP upgrade.
Heatsoak looks to have cut timing advance, not sure how UM tunes acts but EQTs will start to hold back on timing advance from 90f.

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion
Get mpi and have them upgrade to a flexfuel tune since UM still seems to not tune for HPFP upgrade.
Heatsoak looks to have cut timing advance, not sure how UM tunes acts but EQTs will start to hold back on timing advance from 90f.
I'd just prefer not to have to throw any more money at this FOR NOW and see what else they can do to get it closer in line with what other tuners have been able to get from this turbo. MPI is definitely in my future, but like I said, not at this time.

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion
Couple shitty cell phone videos of some shitty pulls... need to figure out what and how to log with OBD2 and I can throw those up here as well...

Kinda wet out hence the slip.

Need to update the display so I can actually understand it lol

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Need to update the display so I can actually understand it lol
When converting the bar Display to psi is not boost related..., and while I can’t see the rpms just listening to it, it seems like it’s making 27-28 psi and pretty much holding to redline when it shifts...just don’t know what kind of advance it’s making.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
harsh
true

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion
20200703_181812.jpg

SugarMouth

Drag Race Newbie
On "e22" as claimed by Tuner, I put down 377.98whp/353.56wtq.
View attachment 178633

Tuner is saying the turbo is "a pig."

Something is up here. I assume Jeff exhausted the tuning side of things? Can he explain the lack of torque and the fall off up top other than the turbo is a pig? The shop was logging and sending to Jeff, the issue is it is done through Jeff's proprietary software and getting the logs is not easy. The logs also use different terminology (less commonly used) I have found.

You are reaching spool up around 4700rpm, that is very laggy. Then the power starts to drop at 5900rpm (no fun). I also have a IS20 hybrid. Ignore the numbers but look at the power/torque curves. You should look something more like that.
EQTVortex.jpg