GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My TPC20 Turbo Build... NOW TPC38BB Build

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Yeah, we all know about his dyno.

You think I'm being hostile, how so? And if you think that's hostile, you're going to get a rude awakening.
Uh, language used?

To be fair Hoon is much more aggro.

I just find it amusing that people's reaction to a claim of any sort is met with indignation rather than a careful analysis of how could it be true.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Uh, language used?

To be fair Hoon is much more aggro.

I just find it amusing that people's reaction to a claim of any sort is met with indignation rather than a careful analysis of how could it be true.

No, I work off of facts and data. Show me the proof and I'll believe it. I'm not just going to take somebody's word for it.

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
Great numbers. Congrats.
Not mine but thx. That was merely another data point that the TPC20 is very capable of hitting 460-470whp on a dyno other than EQT's high reading Dynocom.
The other one being vw671's on 5150's Mustang dyno which he pointed out earlier in this thread that it hit 471whp. I believe the 5150 Mustang dyno that they used for a long time was one of the older "heartbreaker" Mustangs as well, which read pretty low compared to most.

vw671

Autocross Newbie
Not mine but thx. That was merely another data point that the TPC20 is very capable of hitting 460-470whp on a dyno other than EQT's high reading Dynocom.
The other one being vw671's on 5150's Mustang dyno which he pointed out earlier in this thread that it hit 471whp. I believe the 5150 Mustang dyno that they used for a long time was one of the older "heartbreaker" Mustangs as well, which read pretty low compared to most.

keep in mind that "471whp" ran a 10.6@130mph :)

Last edited:

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
keep in mind that "471whp" ran a 10.6@130mph :)
Thats the number that matters. Everyone wants to validate speed from a dyno number that can have a huge amount of variables but not many wanna post dragy times or track slips

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
You can get pretty close approximations with just a small bit of information.

If you know trap speed and full vehicle weight you can easily calculate horsepower. Same if you know quarter-mile time and vehicle weight.

10.6 in the quarter in a 3200 pound vehicle shows 531HP. Torque can be extrapolated from HP as well.

HP= weight/(ET/5.825)^3

ET is elapsed time.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Let's get that Draggy screen cap! My goal is sub 8s 60-130.
I don’t have one. I tried to do some housekeeping to my dragy history and everything I selected to be deleted was everything that ended up being saved in the app. I do have this 60-130 with a slower 60-100 split and a 60-100 that shows the car is there. I need to get out now that it’s not triple digit temps and get some times.
F74115DA-FE27-4DCB-8D8D-48AAA4D1BD2D.jpeg
F74115DA-FE27-4DCB-8D8D-48AAA4D1BD2D.jpeg
A5E17A7E-22F0-4D48-8551-48B9DDB33163.jpeg
F74115DA-FE27-4DCB-8D8D-48AAA4D1BD2D.jpegA5E17A7E-22F0-4D48-8551-48B9DDB33163.jpeg

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Also I should mention it was a Mustang Dyno.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
I don’t have one. I tried to do some housekeeping to my dragy history and everything I selected to be deleted was everything that ended up being saved in the app. I do have this 60-130 with a slower 60-100 split and a 60-100 that shows the car is there. I need to get out now that it’s not triple digit temps and get some times.

Awesome! Goals for sure. If I don't hit sub-8s I won't cry. Maybe will just pull out kids and rear seats, but low 8s is fine by me. Really only interested in the performance with my daily setup. Would be super stoked with those results.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
That's pretty fast to me. Weight reduction?
Only the spare tire/tools and roadside assistance kit out of the rear. When I began tuning with Nick I told him I’d like to keep the torque capped at 450. On a Dyno like Ed’s that’s probably where it sits now.
Awesome! Goals for sure. If I don't hit sub-8s I won't cry. Maybe will just pull out kids and rear seats, but low 8s is fine by me. Really only interested in the performance with my daily setup. Would be super stoked with those results.
I am very happy with where it is, never was after crazy times or numbers. Just smiles per mile.