GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My TPC20 Turbo Build... NOW TPC38BB Build

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
You can run standard fueling on anything, just know it will be laggier and be severely limited on top end power. An E30 tuned IS38 will mop the floor with you up to about 150.

My TPC20 only spools 500 RPM later than the IS38 I had before it. And from 5000 RPM to redline the TPC20 blows it away. + 50 HP above 5000 RPM.

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
If lag is a concern you might want to ask Nick about the Stage 2 TPC20 version. Same size compressor wheel as the Stage 3 but has a TD05 CHRA so should spool a bit quicker at the expense of some top end. More midrange punch per TPC.

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion
N
If lag is a concern you might want to ask Nick about the Stage 2 TPC20 version. Same size compressor wheel as the Stage 3 but has a TD05 CHRA so should spool a bit quicker at the expense of some top end. More midrange punch per TPC.
No concern from me..!

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion
My TPC20 only spools 500 RPM later than the IS38 I had before it. And from 5000 RPM to redline the TPC20 blows it away. + 50 HP above 5000 RPM.

I can't wait. Going to be a massive improvement over my stage 1+ unitronic tune lol

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition

Interesting. He needs to update the website to include that as an option. Especially for those of us at altitude that's a great option. Only Stage 3 is listed on the website as far as I can tell

KawaZukiVdub

Go Kart Newbie
Interesting. He needs to update the website to include that as an option. Especially for those of us at altitude that's a great option. Only Stage 3 is listed on the website as far as I can tell

If you email him he can get you the other stages of the TPC20 but I agree, the stages really should be listed on the site as well.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

You're right they are very slow to updated their website. They had a picture of an IS38 hybrid on their website for a month after it was already available.

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion
Figured I'd just turn this thread into my build thread for this turbo. I imagine I'll run into some issues along the way. Might as well keep everything in the same place. I updated the OP to reflect.

I'm a 2015 GTI w/ Performance Package and DSG. I'm currently Stage 1+ Unitronic with the following engine upgrades:

- Unitronic Air Duct, Air Intake, Intercooler, Charge Pipes, SAI Filter
- CTS Turbo Inlet Pipe
- Fluidampr Crank Pulley
- BFI Stage 1 Engine and Trans Mounts + Dogbone Insert
- Unitronic Stage 1+ ECU + TCU Tunes

Here's my build thread for my TPC20. Just ordered everything. Should have everything by the end of the month and installed shortly after that. I'm planning on getting everything dynotuned so should have whp/wtq numbers once complete.

Parts Ordered:
  1. TPC20 Stage 3 Turbo
  2. OEM Diverter Valve
  3. VW OEM Turbo Install Kit
  4. MAPerformance Catted & Resonated Down Pipe
  5. Vibrant 17930 Resonator
  6. Wortex Aluminum Oil Pan
  7. LiqiMoly Oil Change Kit + Extra Quart for larger oil pan
  8. NGK R7437-8 Spark Plugs (if needed)
  9. RS7 Coil Packs (if needed)
  10. Looking at UM for tuning
  11. Still need to figure out gauge(s) - looking at vortek, P3, and MAYBE dual aeroforces...

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Figured I'd just turn this thread into my build thread for this turbo. I imagine I'll run into some issues along the way. Might as well keep everything in the same place. I updated the OP to reflect.

I'm a 2015 GTI w/ Performance Package and DSG. I'm currently Stage 1+ Unitronic with the following engine upgrades:

- Unitronic Air Duct, Air Intake, Intercooler, Charge Pipes, SAI Filter
- CTS Turbo Inlet Pipe
- Fluidampr Crank Pulley
- BFI Stage 1 Engine and Trans Mounts + Dogbone Insert
- Unitronic Stage 1+ ECU + TCU Tunes

Here's my build thread for my TPC20. Just ordered everything. Should have everything by the end of the month and installed shortly after that. I'm planning on getting everything dynotuned so should have whp/wtq numbers once complete.

Parts Ordered:
  1. TPC20 Stage 3 Turbo
  2. OEM Diverter Valve
  3. VW OEM Turbo Install Kit
  4. MAPerformance Catted & Resonated Down Pipe
  5. Vibrant 17930 Resonator
  6. Wortex Aluminum Oil Pan
  7. LiqiMoly Oil Change Kit + Extra Quart for larger oil pan
  8. NGK R7437-8 Spark Plugs (if needed)
  9. RS7 Coil Packs (if needed)
  10. Looking at UM for tuning
  11. Still need to figure out gauge(s) - looking at vortek, P3, and MAYBE dual aeroforces...

Congrats. If UM trys to tell you that you need fuel mods let us know please. Nice well thought out plan.

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
Love seeing the TPC20 getting more attention. I've got 25k miles on mine and it's been great. I'm only running 27psi and low timing, but i also have 110k miles and is a daily. I hope to throw fuel at it at some point, so i'll be curious to see how your build progresses.

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion
Congrats. If UM trys to tell you that you need fuel mods let us know please. Nice well thought out plan.

Will do. Thank you.

Love seeing the TPC20 getting more attention. I've got 25k miles on mine and it's been great. I'm only running 27psi and low timing, but i also have 110k miles and is a daily. I hope to throw fuel at it at some point, so i'll be curious to see how your build progresses.

Any clue on your numbers?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

I wasn't aware that was an option. I'm still in the planning phase, but that sounds like exactly what I'd want. Top end isn't nearly as important to me as midrange punch.