GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My Pure White 2014 VW Golf GTD 184PS 5dr 6sp manual with Sound and Sport Pack

s7wag

Ready to race!
Various VAG COM VCDS updates complete

Extracts from the Ross-Tech VCDS log below for changes:
Activate Inner rear tail lights for braking: STG09-Vehicle Power:
Address 09:5Q0 937 084 AJ recoded (ADP-(8)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion C 27) from not active to Brake light
Address 09:5Q0 937 084 AJ recoded (ADP-(10)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Dimmwert CD 27) from 0 to 100
Change brightness of reverse lights: 9-Central Convenience:
Address 09:5Q0 937 084 AJ recoded (ADP-(6)-Leuchte28RFL LC11-Dimmwert AB 28) from 86 to 95
Address 09:5Q0 937 084 AJ recoded (ADP-(6)-Leuchte29RFL RA64-Dimmwert AB 29) from 86 to 95
Enable fan level display on Climatronic Auto:
08 Auto HVC; 07 Long Coding; byte 11-enable bit 6:
Address 08:5G0 907 044 AN recoded (Long Coding) from 00120104102100011005000000101000 to 00120104102100011005004000101000

s7wag

Ready to race!
August 2015 - VW Recall 66H3 completed

GTD got the recall from VW for the "VW recall 66H3". This was for the rear window side spoiler vanes re-fit. Basically remove the old ones and re-fit with new 3m tape. Mine broke on removal - suggesting they were probably stuck on OK with no issues! New ones ordered and fitted. All good! ;)

s7wag

Ready to race!
August 2015 – Maxton front splitter and SRS-Tec rear roof lip spoiler

Updates for the front and rear spoilers. Maxton front splitter and SRS-Tec rear roof lip spoiler fitted and both hydro-carbon-dipped in black/silver.

Extra pictures and details can be found on this thread:
http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12435

Steve

Attachments

• GTD-SRSTech-NSRear4.jpg
    GTD-SRSTech-NSRear4.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 896
  • GTD-Maxton-FrontSpolier.jpg
    GTD-Maxton-FrontSpolier.jpg
    311.8 KB · Views: 729

s7wag

Ready to race!
October 2015 - VWR Lowering Springs, Fr/Rr Wheel Spacers, OEM Mud flaps

Finally got around to having the VWR Lowering Springs fitted together with front and rear spacers to fill the gaps!

I started with 15mm front/ 20mm rear per the ECS flush kit - cheaper to buy your own elsewhere though! Post VWR the gaps on font were too tight for me. You can remove the front wheel-arch fixing screw but I opted for moving the 15mm to the rear and putting some more 12mm on the front. Overall all good and no rubs...other than the front splitter bottoms out occasionally! :(

More details can be found here:
http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12537
Note: wheel Spacer fitting Warning:http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14155

I also then followed up with fitting VW OEM mud flaps to save some of the mess going down the side of the car! Very pleased with the result.

Only thing I would say is the front drop is probably more than I expected with the VWR springs but it does look nice in the flesh with the front splitter...BUT I need to watch out for speed humps now! :eek:

Oh, and you'll need to do the VAGCOM headlight adjustment - reset Basic Settings via Controller -> 55:Headlights then 04 -> Basic Settings. If this doesn't fix - some of us get the ALS directional light error message then you'll have to do the manual height adjust via the lower (one at top is left/right) white hex to bring lights up around 1.5" to correct level.

Attachments

• Mufllaps-3.jpg
    Mufllaps-3.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 930
  • Mufllaps-2.jpg
    Mufllaps-2.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 853
  • Mufllaps-4.jpg
    Mufllaps-4.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 770
Last edited:

s7wag

Ready to race!
10 months on and I could have bought the 'R'!

I'm still very pleased with the GTD and all the mods so far. We're probably at the end now of all the upgrades bar fitting the 034 dog-bone alloy insert.

Journeys have been fun with some great MPG returns up to mid 60's being seen. The car does everything asked of it without any fuss or issues.

Latest VW emissions scandal doesn't faze me - they still make damn good cars. I've received the letter for my TT roadster to let me know it's due some software update in due course when they've worked out what :D . But that will present me with another issue - re-load of the Revo software!

Strange thing after 10months of ownership due to role changes at work I've not done any miles really. I'm now working a 'global' role and working remotely from home most days. The car sits in the garage waiting to be taken out...since the GTD purchase in January I've travelled only 5300miles! I was expecting 25,000 plus! :eek:

...so in hind-sight the 'R' could have been sitting there all "tweaked" up! :D ...but the GTD's torque (500nm) is amazing and for everyday driving conditions it does everything I demand of it...

The Carbon-chip tune coupled with the Pedal-Box will give a lot of more expensive cars a good run for their money and it still puts a big smile on my face every time I drive it!:D