Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
Yeah, I saw that price too. I think that's for the regular Q3. If the RS Q3 is that price, I'll take it today! If you click to see more info it takes you to the Audi website showing the Q3. Superficial research shows the RS Q3 coming here will be a 2020 model so it's probably not even on the US website yet. But, I admit I only did a search for a few minutes.

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
It's C&D's usual asshattery when it comes to editing their articles. In addition to mixing in review stuff from multiple years, they mix in stuff from multiple models and trim levels. That's why you see a price that often is ludicrously lower than what is necessary to get the model the review actually references.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
2.5 5 cylinder RS model for $34,000????
This seems low.
Would be nice but RS models normally North of $50,000 are they not?

Disclosure near the number says its the base price for a Q3. It might be a macro linked with Q3 and nothing to do with RS version mentioned in the article.

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
Ya, the version of this anybody would really want, will be a 60gs, a loaded q3 is 42,600.

Tsi7

Ready to race!
I'm genuinely perplexed why people buy these monstrosities... Q2, Q3, Q4(coming soon) or X1, X2, X4, X6... There are so many different versions of an SUV now I can't tell the difference anymore... And they're all completely useless when it comes to practicality... The mk7 golf has way more room in the trunk then majority of these garbage CUVs (or whatever they're called) that are coming out... Yet people buy them like hotcakes...

Because of SUVs and CUVs, the wagon is slowly dying... Yet it's one of the most practical and good looking body types out there (in my opinion)

radoroc

Ready to race!
I'm genuinely perplexed why people buy these monstrosities... Q2, Q3, Q4(coming soon) or X1, X2, X4, X6... There are so many different versions of an SUV now I can't tell the difference anymore... And they're all completely useless when it comes to practicality... The mk7 golf has way more room in the trunk then majority of these garbage CUVs (or whatever they're called) that are coming out... Yet people buy them like hotcakes...

Because of SUVs and CUVs, the wagon is slowly dying... Yet it's one of the most practical and good looking body types out there (in my opinion)

Well said, you can't argue with the sheep. There's no point in a jacked up subcompact hatchback.

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
I think one reason is our roads, which in many parts of the country are terrible. People want a vehicle that can traverse broken pavement and has good ground clearance, maybe. And of course, most folks don't want to actually drive, just be in a vehicle that sits high enough so they can see when they take their eyes off their phones, and can fool them into thinking they aren't actually in a car.

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
I think one reason is our roads, which in many parts of the country are terrible. People want a vehicle that can traverse broken pavement and has good ground clearance, maybe. And of course, most folks don't want to actually drive, just be in a vehicle that sits high enough so they can see when they take their eyes off their phones, and can fool them into thinking they aren't actually in a car.

This!
.....and that is the problem. We are driving 4x4 lifted trucks, so now counties can delay road repair projects because our Raptors can handle 4” deep pot holes.

The country road manager needs to drive a civic with 18” low profile wheels. Then roads will get fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro