GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My new MK7 Golf Sportwagen SE TDI

WhiteTDI

Passed Driver's Ed
Finally replaced my 2010 MK5 Jetta TDI Sedan which has served me well. This is my first wagon and i'm loving it. Lots of nice improvements with the MK7 -- backup cam, push button start, LED interior lights, driver underseat drawer, and 17s. The only negative I can think of is the slightly smaller fuel tank. It would have been nice to have the lighting package along with the silver rails of the SEL. Other than those two things, I think my TDI is perfect for my needs and wants. Being that the car is new and still not broken in, it doesn't really feel any faster being 10hp greater. MPG's are on par with my expectations. I was averaging about 41mpg on my MK5 over 100K miles.

White on Black
6spd
Panoramic Sunroof

All stock except for tinted windows: 55% front windshield, 35% front sides, 10% rear

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Looks good. Welcome to the new Golf. :)

Mr.Tebo

Ready to race!
Another 15 golf sport wagen 6speed tdi here. Getting tint monday ill post pics for comparison. Any other plans for your new ride?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

WhiteTDI

Passed Driver's Ed
Another 15 golf sport wagen 6speed tdi here. Getting tint monday ill post pics for comparison. Any other plans for your new ride?

I'm still considering either adding some sway bars (was happy with the H-Sports on my MK5), or doing coilovers for a higher spring rate and height adjustability. But more importantly, I really feel a short shifter is a higher priority, and both the ECS Tuning or the Diesel Geek Sigma 6 shifters are both good options. Since I don't plan to go aftermarket wheels, I'll probably add on 5mm spacers all around to push out the wheels a little for a more flush look.

What do you have planned for yours?

Mr.Tebo

Ready to race!
Yeah looked at those short shifters the throw is not what i'd call short but still has a nice click at the end i enjoy. Probably a pedal box would be my first upgrade and reduce that lag and waiting to see if a jb box comes out with a box for ea288. I know malone is in works with a tune. Im interest to see how yours would look with spacers on the tires. Hows the front window tint in the dark

DAS_STIG

Banned
The wagon proportions seem better than hatch golf. Almost makes me want to trade my mk7 gti... but then I think about all the 2.0T fun i'ld be missing.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
The wagon proportions seem better than hatch golf. Almost makes me want to trade my mk7 gti... but then I think about all the 2.0T fun i'ld be missing.

Well here in the UK you can order the R estate!................2lt 300PS , 4wd................:cool:..................or the GTD estate

WhiteTDI

Passed Driver's Ed

as much as I like the power and sportiness of the Golf R, the 4 door Golfs IMO is useless if space is important. I like to go on road trips and camping, and all the interior cargo space in my wagon is very nice to have, especially when multiple people are riding with me.

Mr.Tebo

Ready to race!
uploadfromtaptalk1436889369617.jpgwindow tintuploadfromtaptalk1436889404554.jpgthen this...jk i was speeding i even had to open the door and explain i couldn't roll down the window because of the fresh tint lol