GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My new GTD, interesting...

a17vts

Passed Driver's Ed
Good Afternoon All,

After owning an Audi TT for just under 4 years, I took delivery of my new 65 plate GTD last Thursday and today has been the first day i've had in the car and have a few issues. I have a 2015 VW Golf GTD with the winter pack, no other options.

Firstly when I selected to adjust the right mirror (R) it adjusts both the right and left mirror and adjusts them both. When I select left mirror (L) it only adjusts the left. If I put the dial to (O) nothing moves. I assume this can't be correct but wanted to confirm before looking like an idiot when calling VW tomorrow morning!

Secondly, the dipping mirrors or lack of them. Does the GTD not do this as standard, i've read of this forum that you can set this up but didn't want to waste my time if its not possible.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

a17vts

Passed Driver's Ed
Perfect.

So why do both mirrors move when the right is selected and I make an adjustment? Surely that isn't meant to happen?

aew003

Passed Driver's Ed
Firstly when I selected to adjust the right mirror (R) it adjusts both the right and left mirror and adjusts them both. When I select left mirror (L) it only adjusts the left. If I put the dial to (O) nothing moves. I assume this can't be correct but wanted to confirm before looking like an idiot when calling VW tomorrow morning!

This is normal, there's nothing wrong with the car!

Secondly, the dipping mirrors or lack of them. Does the GTD not do this as standard, i've read of this forum that you can set this up but didn't want to waste my time if its not possible.

Once you've adjusted your mirrors leave your switch towards (L) and the left mirror will dip when you select reverse.

aew003

Passed Driver's Ed
Perfect.

So why do both mirrors move when the right is selected and I make an adjustment? Surely that isn't meant to happen?

Once it's set up it's quicker to adjust both at once. I've not needed to re-adjust my left mirror only since having the car.

a17vts

Passed Driver's Ed
Great thanks for the quick replies guys.

Just seemed a little unusual to me initially especially as my TT didn't do this.

Now just trying to work out all the other toys, first the "car-net"!

vwman

Go Kart Champion
You can always switch off the ' synchronous mirror adjustment' if you want by unchecking the setting in the info screen.

CAR > Set up > mirrors

a17vts

Passed Driver's Ed
Cheers VWMAN.

Have you lot also had some issues with Car-Net? I've generated my activation code but when typing it in it tells me I'm wrong!

Hard work all these new cars!

vwman

Go Kart Champion
Yes setting up Carnet isn't plain sailing I found.

Didn't help that I couldn't set up a 'personal hotspot' initially as BT Mobile, as a carrier, don't have them would you believe.

Are you talking about the PIN thats generated when the portal confirms your vehicle eligibility. That I found is time bound for 48 hours for security.

a17vts

Passed Driver's Ed
Personal hotspot I set up fine.

Registering for CarNet on the VW website I found slightly harder but managed to do so and I managed to get the website to generate a code, which as you said last for 48 hours but ever time I enter the code its comes up with registration failed for the similar.

Any help would be great...

vwman

Go Kart Champion
Personal hotspot I set up fine.

Registering for CarNet on the VW website I found slightly harder but managed to do so and I managed to get the website to generate a code, which as you said last for 48 hours but ever time I enter the code its comes up with registration failed for the similar.

Any help would be great...

Just a thought are you sure the WLAN is still operative at the point when you are entering the PIN ?
Not that you want to hear probably but mine is working fine now.

HXP

Ready to race!
BT Hotspots

Yes setting up Carnet isn't plain sailing I found.

Didn't help that I couldn't set up a 'personal hotspot' initially as BT Mobile, as a carrier, don't have them would you believe.

Are you talking about the PIN thats generated when the portal confirms your vehicle eligibility. That I found is time bound for 48 hours for security.

I would double check because as far as I am aware all BT Mobile handsets allow set up of hotspots the one exception is iPad all other handsets can.

vwman

Go Kart Champion
I would double check because as far as I am aware all BT Mobile handsets allow set up of hotspots the one exception is iPad all other handsets can.

I did check no tethering/personal hotspots with BT mobile.

They may in the future but no idea when !!

So they lost my custom.

a17vts

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the help all.

After spending a further hour attempting to get it to work last night I gave up, hoping the system may have had some issues. I attempted again this morning on route to work but unfortunately did't work.

I'll give it a go using my wife's phone as the "hotspot" and see if that solves the issue.