GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My Mk7 GTD Remap

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
Dear All,

Car is getting remaped this week. Will keep you all updated, with a full blow by blow account, with weekly updates etc....

Rappy :cool:

Blharry

Passed Driver's Ed
Also looking forward to this!

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
Hi guys,

Here's a link to the map mine is getting. Nick has been great answering my many questions. 220 bhp & 500 nm of torque.:D:D Simply plug in now & upload the map.

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=269262.0

They still run this car today with the map. Last time I spoke to Nick, it had covered 30,000 with no issues. Carbon Chip Tuning also, use to run a Mk6 GTD with a map.

I will be seeing Nick, Wed and maybe a group buy discount. I can but ask.

Watch this space............

salmon

Ready to race!
Rappy, this will be interesting to read!

Tuning box (e.g. DTUK) or Remap, I assume you have thought about it and gone with the Remap for a reason?

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
Rappy, this will be interesting to read!

Tuning box (e.g. DTUK) or Remap, I assume you have thought about it and gone with the Remap for a reason?

In a word yes. Not going to get into a debate. For me a remap is the only way to go. Pedal boxes, tuning boxes is not for me.

If you do your research you will see why. My thread will be to discuss standard vs a remap only.

Lets not go off topic here :eek::eek:.

Will feedback Wed pm after a few hrs driving

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
Do you plan to advise your insurance company?
If you do I'll be interested to see the effect on your premium

salmon

Ready to race!
In a word yes. Not going to get into a debate. For me a remap is the only way to go. Pedal boxes, tuning boxes is not for me.

If you do your research you will see why. My thread will be to discuss standard vs a remap only.

Lets not go off topic here :eek::eek:.

Will feedback Wed pm after a few hrs driving

No debate expected :eek: considering both options have a similar price.

Will be interesting to know whether it can keep the power down especially in the first couple of gears. I hope this is one area the remap differs. Enjoy Wednesday!

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
No debate expected :eek: considering both options have a similar price.

Will be interesting to know whether it can keep the power down especially in the first couple of gears. I hope this is one area the remap differs. Enjoy Wednesday!

Salmon not a personal attack at you, just don't want this thread to be a tuning box vs remap :eek::eek:

s7wag

Ready to race!
I'm insured with LV - exhaust/engine ECU update accepted. my renewal is approx £286 including business use. That looks like an excellent re-map program and in my experience the re-amps are always more bespoke/fine-tuned to specific models attributes giving better overall balanced driving characteristics compared to standard.

Last edited:

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
I'm insured with LV - exhaust/engine ECU update accepted. my renewal is approx £286 including business use. That looks like an excellent re-map program and in my experience the re-amps are always more bespoke/fine-tuned to specific models attributes giving better overall balanced driving characteristics compared to standard.

X2. Yes that's what sold the map for me.

s7wag

Ready to race!
I'd also add that my BiTDI has an MTM direct to ECU re-map as well as my TT TDI with Revo. Both of these also provide improved settings for throttle response. The only issue I came up against especially for the BiTDI, that some companies now provide and include in their software re-maps, is the re-map mapping improvements for the DSG/auto boxes. I'm usually cautious during warranty period and as long as I have options to revert to standard (in the unfortunate case) then I'm OK. Hey Rapp, I wouldn't discount the Pedal Box - I'm a convert I must say - if you get a chance to try a car with and without I think you'll be really surprised at the difference...looking forward to your updates.....