GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My Mk7 GTD Remap

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
Hi James,

Was wondering when you were going to post:eek:.

Firstly, if the dealer had given a decent px, I would now have a R on order. Saved myself some cash & now I have a sleeper :D.

A mapped GTD will see off a stock Gti & also give better mpg. Will also give an R a run for its money in the mid range. Forget the bhp. 500nm of torque ready & waiting to play. Compare that to a Gti & a R.

James, the shove of torque is amazing. Real world performance is where this car shines. Fast b roads & motorways. Not traffic light grand prixs.

0-60 seems slightly quicker and mpg is slightly up. Will compare once I have had a full tank on a remap.

Rappy :D

James75

Go Kart Champion
Hi James,

Was wondering when you were going to post:eek:.

Firstly, if the dealer had given a decent px, I would now have a R on order. Saved myself some cash & now I have a sleeper :D.

A mapped GTD will see off a stock Gti & also give better mpg. Will also give an R a run for its money in the mid range. Forget the bhp. 500nm of torque ready & waiting to play. Compare that to a Gti & a R.

James, the shove of torque is amazing. Real world performance is where this car shines. Fast b roads & motorways. Not traffic light grand prixs.

0-60 seems slightly quicker and mpg is slightly up. Will compare once I have had a full tank on a remap.

Rappy :D

Lol :)

Yes - i thought it would be the torque - it's a different experience between diesel and petrol.

With a standard GTD it's the useability in the normal road conditions. The amount of times i use the torque just to get through difficult situations/idiots in towns or get by some middle lane idiot on the motorway.

Will be very interested in your experience with this.

James

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
Lol :)

With a standard GTD it's the useability in the normal road conditions. The amount of times i use the torque just to get through difficult situations/idiots in towns or get by some middle lane idiot on the motorway.

Will be very interested in your experience with this.

James

No difference. Apart from, you can getaway from idiots quicker.

You can drive it how you want to drive. A diesel or a performance car.

mcmaddy

Ready to race!
Do they still need to remove the ecu or can it be done via the obd port now. I'm thinking of going this route after the dtuk box didn't work properly.

James75

Go Kart Champion
James, once you have driven mine. You would be sold

I am sure i would enjoy it - i just don't need the extra power, not personally, I don't blame anyone for going down this route - it's cheaper than a trade in/up and you're doing something a little bit different but the power in the standard GTD is enough for me.

Would love a drive but personally, and it's not really that applicable in this thread, personally I'd move up to a GTI or have bought one initially. That's not to p**s on your thread because as you've explained, that's not a straightforward thing to do.

This is going to be an interesting thread. As for MPG, if you can better say 45 a week, that would interest me. I have 'fill up Fridays' and use about half a tank a week and I am getting around that.

Looking forward to more from this thread :)

James

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
James, my mpg should stay the same 48 mpg or slightly increase. That is what Nick has told me.

Cake & eat it :D springs to mind.

Watch this space...

Rappy :cool:

James75

Go Kart Champion
James, my mpg should stay the same 48 mpg or slightly increase. That is what Nick has told me.

Cake & eat it :D springs to mind.

Watch this space...

Rappy :cool:

It's going to be great to see your updates :)

James