GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My Mk7 GTD Remap

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
What differences dod you notice (other than placebo effect) also is it too early to comment on fuel economy?

It feels as every bit refined as standard, only an extra shove of torque :D:D:D. True to Nicks word. It really is night & day. No trouble getting the power down in damp cond. The power is so smooth & controlled just so,so rapid.

For me it has made the car complete, very,very happy. There GTD is driven pretty hard and the mpg has not moved from standard. I would imagine it would drop a little.

Rappy :cool:

Last edited:

salmon

Ready to race!
It feels as every bit refined as standard, only an extra shove of torque :D:D:D. True to Nicks word. It really is night & day. No trouble getting the power down in damp cond. The power is so smooth & controlled just so,so rapid.

For me it has made the car complete, very,very happy. There GTD is driven pretty hard and the mpg has not moved from standard. I would imagine it would drop a little.

I best move over when I see you coming! :)

Glad to hear the power can be tamed when setting off. Enjoy!

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
How did they defeat the anti tamper nuts on the ECU cage without making a mark?

mcmaddy

Ready to race!
Would be interested to know how you get on at the dealers if and when you go back. I tried a dtuk box but returned it as I didn't like the juddering I experienced. Is your car smooth all the time with no juddering?

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
Would be interested to know how you get on at the dealers if and when you go back. I tried a dtuk box but returned it as I didn't like the juddering I experienced. Is your car smooth all the time with no juddering?

Yes perfect. The only difference is more power. TBH if you take your time through the gears it feels very much stock. It's only when you give it the beans you realise it is not.

There's has been back to the dealer numerous times for service & warranty work. Not a sniff of warranty invalid etc...

Having owned many remapped cars in the past, this is the best I have had. Remember this is a custom map for a mk7 GTD. Not the engine, as most seem to be. I can only echo my comments above. Wow & they still run the car today.

Need I say more. Very happy :D

Jens0n

Go Kart Newbie
Rappy,

out of interest are you DSG or Manual?

Cheers,
J

MOzGTD

Ready to race!
Where are they based? You mention plug and play. Is it similar to Bluefin and can you swap back whenever you want?

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
Where are they based? You mention plug and play. Is it similar to Bluefin and can you swap back whenever you want?

Hi Moz, they are based in Cheshire, but can come to you. No, not like a Blufin. Plug & play as in Carbon Chip Tuning, plug & play. And if you want it put back to standard, they can plug & play.

James75

Go Kart Champion
To play devils advocate - why not just have a GTI?

I am not criticising - because i think this is very interesting and this thread will be invaluable for the many who will know doubt want to up the power for their GTD.

But...

With real world differences less than they are on paper, the question for me, why not just have a GTI?

Would love to drive a remapped GTD like yours though, very interesting.

James