GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My GTi: the first 5 weeks

GTI MK7

GTI-7-Performance ... Thanks for the informative review! I'm a longtime VW fan/owner and wife currently drives a '10 CC that she loves. I'm also in your age demographic and relate to your comment on the fun/function ratio. Having owned a VW Corrado SLC a few years back (Golf, Scirocco, GTIs before that) my VW fun factor needs require a bit more than the CC can deliver in the handling dept! Unfortunately, the GTI MK7 is not as yet available in the states or I'd be driving one! My BRZ is a hoot to drive but, not practical from the functional sense! I'm hoping to convince my Missus the MK7 is the best bang for the buck for her next car about a year from now. The Jetta GLI has sparked her interest but, the GTI has more going for it IMO...and, I'd get to drive it occasionally! I don't think I can part with the BRZ as yet. I've become addicted to driving the twisties and such. Tracked it last week and explored handling limits unbeknownst to me from any past driving experience. I felt like the STIG out there and the track was wet, too! Anyway, I came across your post on this GOLFMK7 site and this is my first entry on the forum. I lived in Germany a couple of years and have been to Switzerland when visiting the Alps. Beautiful country...but, glad not to have to deal with all that snow! Enjoyed your comments on the MK7. You covered just about everything but, please give us some updates from time to time! Thanks, again. :)