GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My GTI new garage companion

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Still would check resistance at NSS. Stupid farking things

+1 to headlights harness! Good call forgot about that one..

*you have a new harness
I do have an upgraded headlight harness waiting to go in. Also all new battery and ground cables. Will check the NSS.
Also, 4-hole PT Cruiser/stratus/neon injectors
Done.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Ha, my bro has the same truck and tent! its badass

i used to have a tacoma as well which was garage buddies with my cobalt
1641591751959.png

1641591790258.png

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
I do have an upgraded headlight harness waiting to go in. Also all new battery and ground cables. Will check the NSS.

Done.

I did a mechanical fan delete using a bunch of ZJ bits. Then plumbed in a BMW thermostatic switch to trigger the fan relay automatically. Also allowed me to bypass the AC compressor if it failed… which they did. Oh, and some front bar disconnects. Had a bunch of little shit done to that XJ.
Ha, my bro has the same truck and tent! its badass

i used to have a tacoma as well which was garage buddies with my cobalt
View attachment 235002

View attachment 235003

AT habitat? Where does he live?

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition

Damn. About as good as it gets right there. Congrats
The one and only car right now that I'm interested in getting rid of my R for. I would have done it sooner but this market is stupid so I have to hold off another 2 yrs or so.

BTW - Didn't you have a Z4MC? Still have it or sold now? Had a fairly modified/track sorted Z3MC for many years. Kick myself all the time that I sold it

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
I don't have a garage i'm allowed to use but here they both are. 2016 GTI and a 2001.5 s4 that needs a bit of work
IMG_2151.jpg
IMG_2276.JPG

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
The one and only car right now that I'm interested in getting rid of my R for. I would have done it sooner but this market is stupid so I have to hold off another 2 yrs or so.

BTW - Didn't you have a Z4MC? Still have it or sold now? Had a fairly modified/track sorted Z3MC for many years. Kick myself all the time that I sold it
Same, Z3MC with Randy Forbes’ rear subframe fix. My neighbor has one still, nice to see.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Aw shit. My lady keeps bugging me about a tent like that but I can't see spending ~3k on a tent when we have a brand new north face tent that is awesome.

Lulz at $3k tent.

Long ago we had a ezawn knockoff (think ARB, CVT, Tepui, etc) that rode on our retired military trailer… that now is mostly patio art these days.image.jpg

it was swapped across the various platforms as we matured or broverlanding game. Wife was 7mo pregnant with our first kid and we did a 5-day run up through the north woods, that was the day we decided to get the Tacoma. First kiddo was 8mo when we did our first big trip in the Montana Rockies for a week. It was tight but manageable. After we found the second was on the way, wife got her bonus and said “I think I’m going to buy a habitat”. Went and picked it up in Prescott with our 5mo and 2yo, followed by 17 days crossing southern Utah in the dirt. The massive expanse that is our tent has kept everyone from killing each other for over 5yrs now. We have maybe 300 nights in the thing and it is worth it for us.

if you want to start dipping into the #broverlanding #lifestyle #blessed, let me know. We’ve been doing it now for nearly 20yrs and gone from ground tents in a XJ, to my over the top boujie tent.

C6C46C96-3F8B-47DE-9F52-B996BB876881.jpeg

Last edited:

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
Same, Z3MC with Randy Forbes’ rear subframe fix. My neighbor has one still, nice to see.

Nice. I actually was able to get BMW to warranty my subframe fix at the time (even with some mods that made it questionable for them to elect to do so). I was in the SF Bay area at the time so right after the fix I took it to TC Designs out there and Tony did full reinforcement. Mine was tracked pretty heavily so saw some hard driving.
Sure wish I could say it still was in the stable and a garage companion to the R!

MarksMCoupe01.jpg

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Prove me wrong 🤷

Dude this is Overlanding, you can’t be caught on Insta with 3k trash!! That’s the stuff of the poors. You’d be blackballed from overlandbound.

😆

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Dude this is Overlanding, you can’t be caught on Insta with 3k trash!! That’s the stuff of the poors. You’d be blackballed from overlandbound.

😆
Bahahahahaha exactly my point. No tent is worth more than 1k max. Truck folks are a strange breed that I don't understand yet.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Bahahahahaha exactly my point. No tent is worth more than 1k max. Truck folks are a strange breed that I don't understand yet.

Most of it is simply status and hype. There is merit to the more expensive shit, but that’s for the individual to figure out. We’ve upgraded our kit over the years as we see fit. The most “useless” addition so far is the Prinsu rack I paid $200 for. Mostly got it to be an air dam so I can stop collecting bugs on the front of the hab. It’s funny when I hear the instaqueens in the town talking shit, but I never see them in the back country. I can’t wait for the trendy people to move onto the next cool thing. We were so close to seeing them go, then COVID happened and more decided to be totes lifestyle.

There are tents worth more than $1k, just not worth it to you… yet. That first week of sub 5min setup and not sleeping on the ground changes a lot of minds.

The most important thing is to take what you have and get out there. You’ll quickly figure out what works and what doesn’t. I can guarantee your rear springs will need attention before anything…. The leafs in Tacomas are total shit.

I longed for the simpler times, which is why I have my little Honda, that’s my “alone time” rig in the north woods now. Slow, easy, simple.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c

Yes, I had a Z4MC (my second one - also owned one from new for 8 years) that got hit last January. I decided immediately that I wasn't going to keep it once repaired, and ordered the M2c within a week. Would love to have another one someday, but no place to park it, so 2 cars is the limit. Happier than a pig in slop with the current pair, though I do miss my Z4MC.

My goal a few years ago when I had the first Z4MC was to get a Z3MC to pair with it. Not very practical but hey.. wound up trading the Z4MC to EAG towards a super-clean E39 M5, which I just never fell in love with, and missed the Z4MC immediately.