GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My GTI Clubsport YouTube channel (shameless self promotion)

yakev724

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 S3
Watched this this morning and great stuff.

Where did you source the TT arms so cheap? i can only find them for $600 a pair without ball joints at best.

I think that's the going rate. I forked up close to $600, may have luck finding a parted out TT now that they're a few years old.

Can get Febi ball joints at least to save a bit of $$.

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
Watched this this morning and great stuff.

Where did you source the TT arms so cheap? i can only find them for $600 a pair without ball joints at best.
Cheers! Yeah I was lucky with that. I struggled to find a set at all and then one popped up locally at a wrecker and they were happy to part with them on the cheap.

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
Replicate,

Clusport Wheel bearing/housing on your site, are they for use only with Clubsport front spindles or do they also fit standard GTI spindles?
What is different on the Clubsport bearing housing if they can be used with normal GTI parts.
Thanks for offering Clubsport OE items.
Mate, this is actually something I've never been 100% on. When I had them side by side they honestly looked identical. Though regretfully I didn't get out the vernier callipers out to confirm. I'm pretty sure the external dimensions are the same though. IE the 8S part will fit any 5G knuckles. Both standard GTI and CSS knuckles are both 5G part numbers. I'm pretty sure there are people on here that reused their stock hubs on the CSS knuckles. So I'm not actually sure what the difference is between them. Some people claim larger bearings internally but you'd have to pull them apart to confirm. I'd like to think the Porsche engineers had a reason for selecting that part over the standard ones for the CSS.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Mate, this is actually something I've never been 100% on. When I had them side by side they honestly looked identical. Though regretfully I didn't get out the vernier callipers out to confirm. I'm pretty sure the external dimensions are the same though. IE the 8S part will fit any 5G knuckles. Both standard GTI and CSS knuckles are both 5G part numbers. I'm pretty sure there are people on here that reused their stock hubs on the CSS knuckles. So I'm not actually sure what the difference is between them. Some people claim larger bearings internally but you'd have to pull them apart to confirm. I'd like to think the Porsche engineers had a reason for selecting that part over the standard ones for the CSS.
Thanks.
Yes, one would think the CSS would be beefed up more for the 13 mile track run it was designed for.
Would be interesting to know. Thanks again.

yakev724

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 S3
Just realized my hubs/bearings have an 8V part number (correct for my car). Yet another option...

8V0498625A