GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My Golf has Covid. It keeps ‘pinging’ me 🙄.

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
Pleased to hear I don’t have to have my steering wheel changed to sort the pinging and warning ‘windows’ on the dash issues. Today for some reason on a 28 mile journey (all electric) there were no pings and warning ‘windows’. Go figure🤔.

I have just turned off and on the infotainment screen and when it started it showed the VW logo and ‘Wecome to Volkswagen’ but no ‘GTE’.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
I now know of one guy that is getting his steering wheel changed and he has the capacitive touch buttons so see what the workshop has to say about it😉.

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
Some days are a ‘pinging’ day and some days are a ‘non pinging‘ day. It all adds to the excitement of driving a Mk8.

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
I sometimes get 'Travel Assist, Hill start Assist & Autohold, etc Not Available" 'pings', but I ignore them and they soon disappear, or not re-appear after shutting down & restarting engine when stopping anyway not just to quiten the pings. They now appear much less after front VW logo (sensors hide behind) I keep perfectly clean, not exactly the, or even a, solution but it helps....

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
Today has been a f**king annoying pinging day. Messages keep appearing (together with the pinging) telling me that neither the SOS or Travel Assist are available.

My Golf is a dirty stinking liar!

The green light tells me that the SOS is operable and the Travel Assist is functional.

Go figure 🤔👎.

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Guess what, my car did the SOS thing today, message was (something like) 'SOS Error Telephone VW', I ignored it, it didn't say 'don't drive car' but went away & car was fine. Less than ideal but, hey....