GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My first ever brand-new car! 2019 Golf R in Indium Gray Metallic!

Thomas.brian23

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE
My GTI is the first car that I’ve owned that didn’t already have the front license plate bracket on it. I made sure to tell my salesman to leave the front bumper alone. Thankfully, PA doesn’t require a front plate.

Good luck with your new R.

MKVIIS R

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks all for the compliments and the congrats! Very happy with the car! Nothing short of what I expected! Some mods on the way, might do an update when they get here!

MKVIIS R

Passed Driver's Ed
Congrats. Enjoy it.

I have bought 4 new cars in California over 30 years and not one has had the front plate pre-installed by the dealer.

Order an OBDEleven and start adjusting things that are not currently adjustable. Tailor the car to your likes, not that of VW.

And consider at least a full front protective film wrap (front bumper to the doors) before you wish you had done it sooner!

Already ordered a roll of 5ft x 60ft Suntek Ultra PPF! It is coming in this week, will wrap it myself this coming weekend!

MKVIIS R

Passed Driver's Ed
congrats! same spec im looking at. did you get a decent deal?

Paid MSRP. Checked all the dealers and talked to many, even as far as San Diego (7 hours away). None had any spec'd this way (without the front bracket installed) in stock, and wouldn't budge on price, I guess it's just California? Even seemed to have a hard time selling myself to this dealership for them to even transport my R here from the import dock in San Diego. Happy buyer though! It was exactly what I wanted and I went in willing to pay MSRP for it! Sucker much?!

Last edited:

local

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19R
Paid MSRP. Checked all the dealers and talked to many, even as far as San Diego (7 hours away). None had it any spec'd this way (without the front bracket installed) in stock, and wouldn't budge on price, I guess it's just California? Even seemed to have a hard time selling myself to this dealership for them to even transport my R here from the import dock in San Diego. Happy buyer though! It was exactly what I wanted and I went in willing to pay MSRP for it! Sucker much?!

id do the same! MSRP on these doesnt bother me too much. Enjoy dude:)

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
14 cars in 27 years of living, meaning 11 years of driving. Holy cow... Thats a new (to you) car every 9 months

congrats on the car. It looks really sharp

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
I got the same color, just not with the black Pretoria’s, which I wanted, but I paid 39otd for mine

MKVIIS R

Passed Driver's Ed
14 cars in 27 years of living, meaning 11 years of driving. Holy cow... Thats a new (to you) car every 9 months

congrats on the car. It looks really sharp

Yeah, been through a lot of cars. My first car was a 1989 Toyota Supra Turbo

That was my brother's Civic, oh how times have changed.

Attachments

• 20181024_162112.jpg
    20181024_162112.jpg
    298.3 KB · Views: 258

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Fellow Fresnan! Born there but left about 10 years ago.

Congrats on the R, the grey is definitely a great color especially with the black Prets. I had no idea that Michael VW did that crazy of a powertrain warranty...is that transferable or only for the original purchaser?

MKVIIS R

Passed Driver's Ed
Beautiful, congratulations. Incredible extended dealer warranty.

Thank you! And yes, it's pretty competitive where I live, there is another dealer that offers 20yr/200K, and a Chevy dealer that offers 30yr/300K (new C8 anyone?). This one happened to be the only VW dealer so the choice was easy!