GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My first ever brand-new car! 2019 Golf R in Indium Gray Metallic!

MKVIIS R

Passed Driver's Ed
Exciting! Been through many cars, this would be my 14th car to have ever owned in my 27 years of living, but the VERY FIRST ever, brand-new, off-the-lot purchase!

2019 Golf R in the beautiful Indium Gray Metallic paint!

Been looking and lurking on this forum for some time now, and this month, my bank had a promotion for New Auto Loans that will only be for the month of July (2.19% APR for 3/4/5/6 years or 3.19% APR for 7 years), so I figured now was the time (or wait until end of year promotions).

Specifically told the dealer I was looking for that color and it must come with the DSG and Gloss Black Pretoria wheels!

Also noted that I DID NOT want the front license plate mount bracket installed (drilled). Sales manager told me they would be breaking the law if they sold it without the bracket pre-installed, so it was standard protocol to have it installed once it reached its destination (California laws). Told me he was willing to cross the line and not have it installed (the 2 Golf R they had in the showroom were already drilled, Lapiz and Black), but the only real chance I had was if there was one right off the boat, pre-destination. That would be the only way to get his hands on one with the mount bracket uninstalled.

He searched their inventory and found that there was one spec'd the way I wanted, that had just come off the dock, but was headed to a dealership in the next few days. Luckily, it was a dealership that is linked with them, so I told him I wanted it! After some financial procedures, he went ahead and put in a deposit to intercept the destination and have it routed here!

Yesterday, it finally made its way to the dealership! Such a beautiful color combination! I will add more photos today, but my first cosmetic mods will be the ECS flush kit and Eibach Pro lowering springs!

The dealership also includes a 25 year/250K mile power train warranty (starts after the 6 year/72K expires) with the purchase of a new vehicle! Shout out to Michael Volkswagen in Fresno California!

Added new photos, excuse the busy garage and my brother's Lambo :D

More on the way as my subtle mods start coming in!

Attachments

• Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11,778
  • 20190726_192504aaa.jpg
    20190726_192504aaa.jpg
    716.5 KB · Views: 1,712
  • 20190728_185929aaa.jpg
    20190728_185929aaa.jpg
    585.6 KB · Views: 3,295
  • 20190728_190049aaa.jpg
    20190728_190049aaa.jpg
    614.9 KB · Views: 1,483
Last edited:

gregozedobe

Battle scarred veteran
The black accents do look good against the grey :)

MDLBC

Ready to race!
My dealership in SoCal had a liability waiver form I had to sign regarding the license plates. Clearly they’ve been to this rodeo before.

With such a generous warranty it would be pretty much impossible not to keep the powertrain stock. Hopefully cosmetic and suspension mods will be enough to keep you happy!

Congrats.

TheInstallGuy

Passed Driver's Ed
Congrats! Looks really good!

drt1

Passed Driver's Ed
Congrats, it looks great(I really like that color combo). I picked up my R about a month ago; installed the Cobb tune yesterday!!!

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
Hell of an excellent choice for your first new car. Indium Grey with black wheels and DSG would be my ideal configuration as well. Enjoy!

When I bought my GTI, I also instructed the dealer not to install a front license plate holder. We made a deal the day it arrived at port, and it arrived the next day at the dealer. They also offered to put a pinstripe on the side...which I declined.

kevinkar

Drag Racing Champion
Congrats. Enjoy it.

I have bought 4 new cars in California over 30 years and not one has had the front plate pre-installed by the dealer.

Order an OBDEleven and start adjusting things that are not currently adjustable. Tailor the car to your likes, not that of VW.

And consider at least a full front protective film wrap (front bumper to the doors) before you wish you had done it sooner!