GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My DIY solution to the visor airbag warning stickers/decals

Valdarious

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't really need these as my visors are always down and covered by 5% tint section that goes below the visor depth but I might have to pick up some of the TDI ones. They look good.

PTok72

Passed Driver's Ed
Mike, these are really good and a massive improvement covering up those labels.
My current Leon has the standard white / beige sun visors and the warning labels are much less stand out. From the "before" photos I can see they stick out much more with the black sun visors.

Would be appreciated if you could knock these up for a GTD too.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I don't really need these as my visors are always down and covered by 5% tint section that goes below the visor depth but I might have to pick up some of the TDI ones. They look good.

How does you banner come down this far?
I have a black vinyl banner 6 inches wide and the visors show from the front of the car another 3-4 inches. They might hide if flipped all the way forward but many do not flip this far up when really needed. The banner I have replaces the visor if only use din forward position.
to cover visor in all positions the banner would need to be 8-10 inches wide.
This sticker mod hides the warning sticker in all positions.

I understand many of us are ordering.
Only 2 options - Red GTI or R I think.
Was not open now to other options. FYI

OaklandGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Mike, these are really good and a massive improvement covering up those labels.
My current Leon has the standard white / beige sun visors and the warning labels are much less stand out. From the "before" photos I can see they stick out much more with the black sun visors.

Would be appreciated if you could knock these up for a GTD too.

Hey there, and thanks for the kind words.

Unfortunately, I can't find a "GTD" logo in a *vector* format. If I could find one, I can easily update the file I created. (Again, needs to be vector format, not a JPG/GIF/TIF, etc.)

But just to note, the warning sticker dimensions might be different for non-USA cars. I'm not sure.

You can always print out one of the sample PDFs I created, cut them out, and then see if the dimensions match the sizing for your vehicle. Just to be safe.

If anyone has the GTD logo in a vector format, I'll be happy to update the template. Cheers.

sandman1979

Oakland;

What type of material are these made of? $30 seems steep if it is simply adhesive backed paper printed out on a desktop printer.

Please explain how these are any different (if they are) then buying a pack of Avery Address labels and running a few of these bad boys off?

**FYI, I am hoping your answers are indicating that these are super durable, won't fade, and is not gonna be a crappy Avery Address Label. I just need some type of assurance that it is worth the $30. Thank you!

Davey Jones

Ready to race!
Oakland;

What type of material are these made of? $30 seems steep if it is simply adhesive backed paper printed out on a desktop printer.

Please explain how these are any different (if they are) then buying a pack of Avery Address labels and running a few of these bad boys off?

**FYI, I am hoping your answers are indicating that these are super durable, won't fade, and is not gonna be a crappy Avery Address Label. I just need some type of assurance that it is worth the $30. Thank you!

http://www.motogfx.com

They are being custom printed/cut by a professional. They are probably vinyl decals as well. WAY different than printing it at home on adhesive backed paper.

OaklandGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Oakland;

The guy I printed them from (Matt) told me they’re digitally printed to long term air-release vinyl (impossible to get bubbles) and then laminated with a matte finish laminate for protection against UV and scratching. They also use solvent inks which are good for 3 years outdoor without lamination. The lamination adds even another 3-4 years of sunlight UV protection and protection against scratching.

I liked his line he told me when he said, "you will sell the car before they fade in most cases." :)

I'm not trying to sound like a shill, and I'm not affiliated with his shop at all. (But he has since thanked me quite a bit via email since I posted my designs online and people have ordered from him.) I really liked the end result, especially since other places said I needed to print 200+ if I wanted them. So I do recommend his shop for this.

Valdarious

Passed Driver's Ed
How does you banner come down this far?
I have a black vinyl banner 6 inches wide and the visors show from the front of the car another 3-4 inches. They might hide if flipped all the way forward but many do not flip this far up when really needed. The banner I have replaces the visor if only use din forward position.
to cover visor in all positions the banner would need to be 8-10 inches wide.
This sticker mod hides the warning sticker in all positions.
I guess there might be some confusion, I don't have a banner. What I was stating is that my tint I put on my windshield comes down further that what the depth of the visor is. You can't see the warning stickers from the front of the car when the visors are down and I always keep my visors down. It drives me crazy when someone sits in my car and automatically raises the visor as I want them down. It stems from a previous car I had when I was younger that had a very low roof and I prefer it, I don't like huge front windshields.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I guess there might be some confusion, I don't have a banner. What I was stating is that my tint I put on my windshield comes down further that what the depth of the visor is. You can't see the warning stickers from the front of the car when the visors are down and I always keep my visors down. It drives me crazy when someone sits in my car and automatically raises the visor as I want them down. It stems from a previous car I had when I was younger that had a very low roof and I prefer it, I don't like huge front windshields.

Got it. Thanks.
You would like a Chrysler 300.
I test drove one years ago and could not see the red lights.
Had to lean over and watch.

You might like the matte black banner I installed on my GTI.
Feels like a road race car on the inside. I owuld like for it to be atleast 1 inch lower and still clear the rain sensor.
Look toward the end of my build thread attached below.
I am testing it to see how long it last on the outside of the car with wipers rubbing over it.

Valdarious

Passed Driver's Ed
I did an outside banner at one point on a focus a couple years ago. It took quite a few months until any wiper damage happened but even then it was small. My tint in my windshield sits around 2 inches below the rain sensor and that was a pita to cut that sensor shape out of the tint.

vwman

Go Kart Champion
Thanks Oakland for all your work and sharing it by posting the various formats for members..

Good on you.

OaklandGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Updated post #1 to include a "universal" option for those with a model not covered.
Cheers.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Installed mine this weekend.
A little cold but they seem to be holding.
Will press a few times to make sure sticking.
Quick mod.

Thanks "OaklandGTI Mike" for the info.

IMG_2018.JPG

IMG_2019.JPG

IMG_2021.JPG

IMG_2024.JPG