GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My Deathtrap GTI build

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
1F4F5488-53C5-49ED-93BD-C4ABC517C017.jpeg

Impressive DIY work! Where’d you learn to work on cars?

Eman1

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI
What's the color code on that wrap? Love the green
Thanks, me too. Thinking I may pay someone to finish the wrap in this color properly. Avery hidden forest metallic.
Impressive DIY work! Where’d you learn to work on cars?

Thanks! Learning as I go. The GTI was my first car. My Grandfather/Dad used to run drag cars at Englishtown so I may have picked stuff up from the track as a kid. Lots of trial and error.

Alex MK7

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
@etmanning1 Awesome build brother👍🏼 My combi valve just went bad so I ordered the PR SAI block off plate. What we’re all the codes you got after removing the SAI pump, Combi valve and the sensor? Also have you been able to pass an emissios test afterwards?

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Thanks, me too. Thinking I may pay someone to finish the wrap in this color properly. Avery hidden forest metallic.

Thanks! Learning as I go. The GTI was my first car. My Grandfather/Dad used to run drag cars at Englishtown so I may have picked stuff up from the track as a kid. Lots of trial and error.
Englishtown Raceway Park in NJ?

Eman1

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI
@etmanning1 Awesome build brother👍🏼 My combi valve just went bad so I ordered the PR SAI block off plate. What we’re all the codes you got after removing the SAI pump, Combi valve and the sensor? Also have you been able to pass an emissios test afterwards?
Not sure which codes, my dash is lit up right now haha. It will definitely pop a CEL every time it goes to COLD start though. Have not done emissions since- I'm trying to not worry about it for now :ROFLMAO:

Englishtown Raceway Park in NJ?

Yessir- Dad drove a 69' (70?) black Nova small block on slicks. I grew up 20 minutes from the track, shame I never got my car down it!

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Yessir- Dad drove a 69' (70?) black Nova small block on slicks. I grew up 20 minutes from the track, shame I never got my car down it!
Nice! I'm very familiar with that raceway, been there a bunch of times when I was growing up in Jersey. My senior year in high school I used to go there a lot with my friends to race. This was back in '95 and I had a black '88 GTA Trans Am with a LT1 motor swap, headers, cams and an exhaust so it sounded nice but it was an automatic so not as much fun to race. Me and my friend Rich were the oddballs because he had a Grand National and I had my GTA and the rest of our friends had Mustangs.

Alex MK7

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Not sure which codes, my dash is lit up right now haha. It will definitely pop a CEL every time it goes to COLD start though. Have not done emissions since- I'm trying to not worry about it for now :ROFLMAO:

lmao. Dang did your tuner say they could tune out the CELS for you? I don’t have my emissions until next October. Is performance affected with your CELs on currently? Or does it run like an bee?😂

Eman1

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI
Nice! I'm very familiar with that raceway, been there a bunch of times when I was growing up in Jersey. My senior year in high school I used to go there a lot with my friends to race. This was back in '95 and I had a black '88 GTA Trans Am with a LT1 motor swap, headers, cams and an exhaust so it sounded nice but it was an automatic so not as much fun to race. Me and my friend Rich were the oddballs because he had a Grand National and I had my GTA and the rest of our friends had Mustangs.
Awesome!! Ill have to ask my father when he was racing. I would have been around 2005-15'. There's one good photo of me in some promod in the pits. All of the stories I've heard about those days sounded like so much fun!
lmao. Dang did your tuner say they could tune out the CELS for you? I don’t have my emissions until next October. Is performance affected with your CELs on currently? Or does it run like an bee?😂
Haven't brought it up, I'm hoping to get it all sorted before final revisions. Car runs great! I have lights for airbags, ABS, etc as well so still have a long way to go before my dash is "normal"

CaptainAndherson

Car(s)
'15 GTI 2DR
Serious question I don't think anyone's asked yet, how's the NVH with the subframe/arms combo? Think about buying this a lot but both sure I want to commit if it's too harsh for daily driving.

Eman1

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI
Serious question I don't think anyone's asked yet, how's the NVH with the subframe/arms combo? Think about buying this a lot but both sure I want to commit if it's too harsh for daily driving.

It's hard to really convey without being in person. I don't daily my car anymore. The NVH is greater than stock, but I attribute a lot of that to the engine/trans mounts as well.

I'd probably stay away from the subframe if you are planning on daily driving the car. (but its freaking awesome so if you want a racecar, send it!)

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
It's hard to really convey without being in person. I don't daily my car anymore. The NVH is greater than stock, but I attribute a lot of that to the engine/trans mounts as well.

I'd probably stay away from the subframe if you are planning on daily driving the car. (but its freaking awesome so if you want a racecar, send it!)
I didn't realise how loud my car is until my mom rode with and asked if there was something wrong. I still don't think it's bad at all. Some dieseling at idle. Some vibration when ac is on which is all the time in Texas. But not bad

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I didn't realise how loud my car is until my mom rode with and asked if there was something wrong. I still don't think it's bad at all. Some dieseling at idle. Some vibration when ac is on which is all the time in Texas. But not bad
Dieseling? Is that a derogatory term? Should those of us with diesels be offended or proud 😂.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Dieseling? Is that a derogatory term? Should those of us with diesels be offended or proud 😂.
Pre the VW and other manufacturers emissions scandal with diesels it was proud not so much anymore since the scandal. It's when you're gasoline engine diesels after shutting it off it's a problem.